PDA

View Full Version : Program Crashes

kelawi
11-14-05, 04:27 PM
I bought a brand new laptop, specs as follows:

Processor Brand Intel® Pentium® 4 with HT TechnologyProcessor Speed 2.8GHz
Display Type WXGA+ high-definition widescreen with BrightView technology (1440 x 900)
System Bus 800MHz
Cache Memory 1MB on die Level 2
System Memory (RAM) 512MB
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 2GB
Type of Memory (RAM) PC3200 DDR2
Hard Drive Size 80GBOptical Drive Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW
Graphics ATI Mobility RADEON X600
Video Memory 128MB DDR (dedicated)
Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Yes
TV Tuner Yes, 2
Networking 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Networking Built-in 54g high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g) with 125HSM/ SpeedBooster and BroadRange support
S-Video Outputs 1
Audio Altec Lansing
PCMCIA Slots 1 Type I/II; 1 ExpressCard/54
USB 2.0 Ports 4
IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports 1
Operating System Windows XP Media Center

I loaded SHIII the first day (about 2 weeks ago). I have two very consistant problems.

#1 Program crashes spontaneously about once for every 3 - 6 hours gameplay. The program also crashes upon loading of a saved game about 40% of the time. In this case, the saved game loads, the display shows the command room, and about 5 seconds later, the program crashes. I haven't seen any corelation between loading of port saves versus mid patrol saves.

#2 Saved games regularly "disappear". In one attempt to explore the problem, I saved the game with three different names that all showed up in the "in-game" directory. I closed the game and restarted it, but the saves were no longer there.

I've reviewed several pages of this forum without finding answers to my problems. Has anyone else had the problem and found a work around? It's frustrating to start a new career every time I want to play.

The next thing I'll try is upgrading the RAM.

Kevo