PDA

View Full Version : System has recovered from a serious error!!!

Reece
11-14-05, 07:42 AM
Hi, just lately after playing SH3 (with around 50 mods) the computer resets or after resetting myself, comes back with "The system has recovered from a serious error." :-?
Has anyone else had this error, it may be a single mod or combination of mods, or something else, though it's always after playing SH3. :cry:
Any ideas would be appreciated. :yep:
Thanks.

The Avon Lady
11-14-05, 07:52 AM
Where do we start?

Welcome to the world of Windows!

Maybe it's SH3. Maybe it isn't.

Maybe it's a mod. Maybe not.

Only one way to test: remove the mods and see if the problem disappears. If it does, then start adding back a few mods at a time until the problem reappears. Then go back to the last group of mods installed and remove one at a time until everything is OK. The last one removed should be the culprit.

Again, it could be something else altogether.

Reece
11-14-05, 08:14 AM
Knowing how long it takes to load SH3, run for a while then add/remove mods ---- It would take about a week to track it down! :huh:
That is why I'm hoping someone else has had the same problems & maybe solved ------ clutching at straws, Yes!! :88) :doh:

Yes that could be the problem Gizzmoe, ATI 9800 Pro or AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU, the latter has a Cooler Master Jet fan installed, and running flat out, still gets to around 50 deg C, am going to try a water cool system but the thought of a water leak scares the crap out of me. ;) I have the CPU overclocked but dropping back seems to have little effect on the temperature. Certainly playing SH3 for around 2 hours stresses the system to the max! :dead:

kiwi_2005
11-14-05, 08:24 AM
Maybe your CPU, videocard or RAM was overheated

:yep:

My mobo is set to restart if any one of the above becomes to hot, thus it avoids mental fits by user when discovered his cpu has turned to ash or motherboard goes into a reactor meltdown.

Some mobos default settings are set this way as a safety precaution. And a good one at that.

Gizzmoe
11-14-05, 08:40 AM
Where is my post??? Why is it gone??? :-?

Yes that could be the problem Gizzmoe, ATI 9800 Pro or AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU, the latter has a Cooler Master Jet fan installed, and running flat out, still gets to around 50 deg C

50°C idle or under full load?

Herr Karl
11-14-05, 08:46 AM
Where is my post??? Why is it gone??? :-?

Yes that could be the problem Gizzmoe, ATI 9800 Pro or AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU, the latter has a Cooler Master Jet fan installed, and running flat out, still gets to around 50 deg C

50°C idle or under full load?

I was wondering that too...? I saw Reece respond to you, but didn`t see your post...hmmmm :hmm:

stratege
11-14-05, 10:12 AM
huuu, maybee is a bsod post ....

Col7777
11-15-05, 04:23 AM
@ Gizzmoe,

I've had the odd post vanish in the past knowing full well I did post, not sure what causes it.

Viduka
11-15-05, 05:46 AM
I had similar problem which I was told was more than likely due to memory issues.

I switched from using 2x 256 + 1x512 sticks of RAM, to using 2 identical sticks of 512 and no more windows resetting or 'recovered from a serious error'. Chances are this has nothing to do with your problem, but it doesn't hurt to throw it into the mix.

Reece
11-15-05, 07:54 PM
Gizzmoe, about 43 befor SH3 & 50+ after.
Viduka, you may have something there, the thing is that the Jet fan & even other types force the air down & out the heatsink thereby heating the ram (only 1cm from cpu heatsink), Southbridge IC, and also the AGP slot is the closest card, at the top is the power supply only 2cm from the heatsink, rather boxed in, I think the water cool system would be great as the heat (radiator) would be external to box! :up:
The mobo is an Asus A7V600, and for an upmarket product the placement of the cpu is a pretty poor design, starting to think that I should have kept the old Full Tower case! :)

Gizzmoe
11-16-05, 01:06 AM
Gizzmoe, about 43 befor SH3 & 50+ after.

That´s harmless, 75-80°C would be a critical level.