PDA

View Full Version : Attn : Neal Stevens

BladeHeart
11-11-05, 01:34 PM
Neal please check out my account and "Outbox". Tried replying to you last but it has sat there for days without moving.

If anyone can forward this to neal I would appreciate it.

Thanks

John Channing
11-11-05, 04:10 PM
Neal's a pretty busy guy but, if you are patient, he will get back to you.

JCC

martes86
11-11-05, 06:36 PM
He must be very busy, or I don't visit a lot the forums, cause I haven't seen him in a while. Since the Subsim meeting exactly.

Gizzmoe
11-12-05, 04:36 AM
Moved to "Comments to SUBSIM Review". He checks that forum regularly.

Onkel Neal
11-12-05, 10:20 AM
aye, checking my PMs now, thanks

Onkel Neal
11-12-05, 10:27 AM
Ok, you said you cannot post to a thread; when you try to submit or preview a reply you get the login screen and find that you have been logged out.

What web browser are you using? Tell me it ain't AOL :hmm: Could you try using Internet Explorer 6.0 and tell me how that works?

BladeHeart
11-12-05, 11:18 AM
Sorry it always has been AOL, even when everything was working fine. There have not been any recent updates with this ISP.

I'll try IE.

BladeHeart
11-12-05, 11:19 AM
Well, IE works where an attempt to post the above did not.

Onkel Neal
11-12-05, 09:14 PM
Sorry it always has been AOL, even when everything was working fine. There have not been any recent updates with this ISP.

I'll try IE.

phpBB2 uses sessions to keep track of users as they browse the board. These sessions use a combination of a unique session id and the users IP to identify each user. We make use of the IP as an extra safe-guard to help prevent sessions being hijacked (by discovering the unique session id).

Unfortunately this only works when the users IP is constant as they browse the board. For most users this will be the case. However certain providers route their users via a cluster of proxys. In some cases, particularly AOL this results in different IPs being forwarded as the user moves between pages. We take account of this by not checking the entire IP but only the first "three quads". Again in most cases this will be fine. However again AOL uses IPs which can vary so much that checking only the first two quads results in a fairly static IP being available for session validation.