PDA

View Full Version : What's going on here?

Kalach
11-08-05, 08:48 PM
I've noticed something I've never encountered before, this:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3459/steampowered6af.jpg
It would seem that when my boat is even slightly damaged it starts smoking and won't stop until the next patrol :nope: .
Even worse is when i'm underwater, the smoke still rises above the surface :huh: .
Then to make a bad situation worse, it starts burning now and then, then will go out only to start later for no reason :doh:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5928/rockets8mn.jpg

Has anyone else seen this?
I think the only modding I did before finding this was to upgrade Commander from v2 to v2.2. Is it a commander related problem or should I just reinstall the game?

(or maybe they've just given me a steam-powered sub :hmm: )

Herr Karl
11-08-05, 08:56 PM
I`d go with the steam...maybe the flux needs to be cleaned also.

:D

kiwi_2005
11-08-05, 09:10 PM
Ive only seen this with those PT boats, can spot them miles away cos they're on fire. its quite funny watching them race around my boat. Yet they aren't damaged they're just on fire? I then waste them with the deckgun.

its a bug :hmm:

Highbury
11-08-05, 09:17 PM
Ahh ok, that explains the flaming Dutchmen I was gonna ask about. I am sure it is just coincidence but I think all but 1 Dutch armed trawler I have seen has been on fire and I have been wondering why :D

zombiewolf
11-09-05, 02:44 AM
:|\ I'll bet those guys have the munchies when they go back below :dead:

Beery
11-12-05, 10:49 PM
Has anyone else seen this?
I think the only modding I did before finding this was to upgrade Commander from v2 to v2.2. Is it a commander related problem or should I just reinstall the game?

Definitely not an SH3 Commander problem. Not anything I've ever come across before. I think you probably need to do a re-install of the game,because this looks like some sort of file corruption to me.

By the way, you have more mods than SH3 Commander running - that smoke is definitely not from the standard game, and SH3 Commander doesn't adjust smoke at all.