PDA

View Full Version : No xmas lights this year.

Col7777
11-07-05, 05:21 PM
Your thoughts on this one.

I spoke with one of my uncles this evening, he lives in Suffolk UK, there is a seaside town near to where he lives called Lowestoft.
He told me that the council has decided not to have christmas lights this year, the reason... not to offend the multicultural population of Lowestoft.
Recently the town took in a lot of immigrants, they housed them and gave them money to help them settle in, these are the ones they don't want to upset.

Kapitan
11-07-05, 05:24 PM
i say F//k them its our country we do what we like regardless il tell you this stick a 50ft x mas tree in your front lawn and put as many decorations on it and your house as you can humanly fit

Happy Times
11-07-05, 07:05 PM
This PC cr#b has to stop :doh: If we immigrated in to some muslim country, would they drob traditions for our sake? :hmm:

Kapitan
11-07-05, 07:09 PM
no they wouldnt not even as tourists so why should we

bradclark1
11-07-05, 07:59 PM
:roll: Where are the immigrants from?

Kapitan
11-07-05, 08:26 PM
no doubt a muslim country such as afghanistan or iraq

jumpy
11-08-05, 06:30 AM
Simple solution to this:
if ya don't like it f**k off back to where you came from :hulk:
but on a lighter note, lowestoft is a real hotbed of cultural exchange, it being the diverse and farsighted town that it is lol :roll:

Seriously though, if ya come here as an economic or 'political' migrant/ assylum seeker or freeloader, keep ya mouth shut and yer nose clean and be damn greatful we don't pack you off back to whatever dingy mud-hole you came from in the first place; like the rest of europe has a tendency to do... This is our home and by gratious extension it can be yours too, but we do things different here so don't try an convert our green and verdant land so readily into the place you were so desperate to get away from in the first instance.

I'm sick and tired of these whinning-hand-me-outs demanding we change the status quo to suit their minority preferences. But what's worse are the leftie nambie-pambies who cater to that view, re-enforcing the idea that you can come to the UK and demand whatever rights you choose, regardless of how this efects the indiginous population.
When in Rome... but I wouldn't expect such a courtesy off most of 'em... if the 'old country' is the template for how you want to live your life, then why leave it? :hmm:
I'm not anti immigration per say, but if you wan't to live in this country then damn well be part of it and don't expect to be able to re-create your own little private backwards wallah wallah land in the midst of a modern free thinking society and understand that our freedom of speech does not mean you can expect to have the right have whatever you shout for in a loud voice taken as gratis- just because you have these rights doesn't mean you have to excercise them at every oppertunity possible - that's just gauche.
[oops started to rant again]

Gizzmoe
11-08-05, 06:59 AM
Simple solution to this:
if ya don't like it f**k off back to where you came from :hulk:
but on a lighter note, lowestoft is a real hotbed of cultural exchange, it being the diverse and farsighted town that it is lol :roll:
[rant]
Seriously though, if ya come here as an economic or 'political' migrant/ assylum seeker or freeloader, keep ya mouth shut and yer nose clean and be damn greatful we don't pack you off back to whatever dingy mud-hole you came from in the first place;

You should write an anti-council rant, not an anti-foreigner rant! As I see it the immigrants have absolutely nothing to do with that. More details here:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1859540,00.html

“This is just another example of political correctness gone mad”

Abraham
11-08-05, 07:13 AM
Gizzmoe is right.
This is most probably not a demand from within the immigrant society - if it were I'ld take a different stand - but some overly politically correct city-council member, still dreaming of a multi-culti-soci-fairy...

jumpy
11-08-05, 07:39 AM
point taken, but it still gets my goat (did you guess already?) but I did say:
But what's worse are the leftie nambie-pambies who cater to that view, re-enforcing the idea that you can come to the UK and demand whatever rights you choose
they might deress it up as 'economics' influencing these decisions but that's BS - at least for leicester city council who waste millions on end of year budget spending to ensure they don't get next years budget allowance cut by the amount they didn't get round to spending this year... :damn: coupled with the fach that LCC have closed and removed all funding from many community and support centres right accross the city- the function of which went a long way to providing a means of intergrating different cultural groups into the larger community here.
There is a great deal to be said about local councils and most of it is not good, with rules being tailored to the most vocal protest etc.
My thoughts of immigration stand- either tow the line of get out- it's how I had to behave in foreign climes... abide by local laws and don't make a fuss; something you see less and less with imigration these days.
That's one problem in itself, but it's compounded by weak local government which bends in whatever direction the strongest wind happens to blow and hides it's incompetence under the guise of economic management paugh!
Besides, I'm not against imigration, just the lack of intergration and acceptance when they get here. This is a twofold issue with (EDIT: in some cases) the immigrants themselves being unwiling to adopt the customs etc of their new more supportive tollerant home, and the institutions of this country trying to accomodate everyone by making the rest of us 'natruals' (can't think of a better word?) change for the sole benefit of the newcommers- this should be the other way round, they should change (and be encouraged to change, or at the very least adopt temporarily) to suit our ways and customs.

Col7777
11-08-05, 12:14 PM
A little kind of related story about these immigrants in Suffolk.

A mortorist was spotted by a policeman with a badly wobbling rear wheel, he was stopped and the motorist was an immigrant with no licence or road tax.
As the policeman was inspecting the vehicle he looked round and saw the motorist getting on a bus.
He gave chase to the bus with flashing lights but the bus failed to stop, so he had to overtake and pull in front of it to finally stop it.
When the bus driver opened the doors, he too was foreign and the bus was full of more foreigners, plus the centre isle was also full with them and they were all sat on the floor, breaking the law because they should have been seated, but all the seats were taken so obviously it was overloaded.
The motorist he stopped was on the bus and didn't realise he had broken the law, then also the bus driver was in trouble too.
It apperead the this bus was a company bus for a well know chicken food factory, they hire these people on low wages and obviously not checking on their drivers very well either.

I-25
11-08-05, 01:55 PM
TALK ABOUT A STUPID DOING! :dead:

Oberon
11-08-05, 02:29 PM
Lowestoft? Hmm, the beginning of the PC invasion of Suffolk no doubt.

And I'm suprised there was a policeman about to chase that bus, they usually rarely emerge from the police station....when the police station is open that is.

Abraham
11-10-05, 03:42 AM
I think Col7777 is rightly pointing out that the society, in this case the British employer, carries a certain level of resonsability , especially for the treatment of the people Col7777 mentionned in his posting. This kind of behaviour doesn't really help integration much more than a fundamentalistic Muslim approach of British society does...