PDA

View Full Version : Gosh darnit!

Ula Jolly
11-04-05, 04:29 PM
I have THRICE been subject to the leaving port COLLISION outside Bergen. I use Commander, make myself a career, and start in 11th Flotilla 1/1942. Buy myself some of this and that for the sub, and venture out. THREE TIMES STRUCK collision, twice in the same location and once in a new spot. I GET the message! :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

Title edited by NS ;)

waste gate
11-04-05, 04:40 PM
100% Realism, DiD.

Not for me either. Where is the fun if one cannot depart the harbor?

JBClark
11-04-05, 06:04 PM
:damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

Von Scheerbach
11-04-05, 06:13 PM
Who/what are you colliding with? I know someone posted a pic of colliding with a schnellboot a long time ago.....

While I've watched them scoot all around me when I'm leaving Wilhelmshaven, I've never run into or had one run into me.

I don't know....DiD might not apply for me on a TC collision with a friendly ship in the harbor!!!!!

JBClark
11-04-05, 06:47 PM
For me, it was minefields, until I read Rubini's readme file.

Wulfmann
11-04-05, 07:14 PM
Perhaps your disrespect for God (Exodus 20:7) has caused him to damn your patrols.

Repent and go forth and kill the English!

Wulfmann

K-61
11-04-05, 07:55 PM
Perhaps your disrespect for God (Exodus 20:7) has caused him to damn your patrols.

Wulfmann

Good one! That sounds like a quote from a 16th century Scottish clergyman. :rotfl:

Trav_R
11-04-05, 11:39 PM
I ran into a subnet when coming into Kiel playing my first DiD patrol. I didn't count that as dead, since it was my first experience with them and it would be pretty awkward for a sub captain to run into his own subnet. Real captains had plenty of time to learn where their local subnets were, whereas I'm on a limited time budget.

After reloading the save, though, I dug around in the documentation folder, and found maps of all the German ports. I found the one for Kiel and it showed where the net was, and I went around it. I have the Harbour traffic 1.46 mod, I don't know what mod you have, but it should have maps of the German subnets and you can check it out to see where they are, and the minefields too. Not trying to insult your intelligence if you already knew that.

U-000
11-05-05, 04:22 AM
Maybe the mines were not German.
It was common practice to allied plane to drop mines at night in harbors .
Many U-boat were destroyed right after they left sub pens.

I donĀ“t know anything about those new mods, because i have been extended leave allmost a year now ..( who is Rubini?)

Ula Jolly
11-05-05, 06:25 AM
I don't use many mods... Got a harbour mod, and the standard update. This isn't DiD, it's 3DiD.

The Avon Lady
11-05-05, 12:32 PM

Wulfmann
I was thinking that he should sacrifice one of his crewmen overboard, to the gods of the sea. :o

Ula Jolly
11-05-05, 12:45 PM

Wulfmann
I was thinking that he should sacrifice one of his crewmen overboard, to the gods of the sea. :o
Oh, have I got the man for that... :D Damn that ensign! His sausages were not done in time for my toilet break! He shall pay.