PDA

View Full Version : Sh3 commander question

Clacker
11-03-05, 11:24 PM
HI,

I've installed IUB 1.1 over a clean 1.4b game and then added SH3 commander via JSGME.

The problem is I have no additional options or screens giving me and commander history, is there somthing I haven't done right?

Thanks
Clacks

Gizzmoe
11-04-05, 12:08 AM
is there somthing I haven't done right?

Yes, you haven´t read the manual... ;) "SH3 Commander is a standalone third party add-on: you do not need to enable it with the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler."

If you have downloaded the 7z version unpack it somewhere (it doesn´t have to be inside the SH3 dir), then start sh3cmdr.exe.

Clacker
11-04-05, 03:10 AM
Yes, you haven´t read the manual... ;) "SH3 Commander is a standalone third party add-on: you do not need to enable it with the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler."

Oops sorry to waste your time. It took 4 mins to download which ate into my SH3 time so I didn't read anything, just added it and loaded :-)

Thanks
Clacks

Nedlam
11-04-05, 09:38 AM
Four minutes wasted! Damn, you should have had your TC set to 1024!!!! :)

irish1958
11-04-05, 04:15 PM
When I install SH3 Cmdr outside of the SHIII folder, I can't name a new comander. I get in the box "error! error!"; Also no pictures are available. When I install inside SHIII everything works. However it takes me about three patrols before the new name appears in the established careers tree. A small price to pay for a wonderful mod.
Irish1958

K-61
11-04-05, 05:19 PM
Your new career should appear after the first patrol. If not, then something is wrong. Are you using the latest version? It has its own installation routine and does not have to go into the game folder. In fact, you are better off not putting it into the SH3 fame folder.

JScones
11-04-05, 07:11 PM
When I install SH3 Cmdr outside of the SHIII folder, I can't name a new comander. I get in the box "error! error!"; Also no pictures are available. When I install inside SHIII everything works. However it takes me about three patrols before the new name appears in the established careers tree. A small price to pay for a wonderful mod.
Irish1958

The usual questions:
-are you running Windows XP or 2000?
-are you logged in under the computer administrator account?
-if yes to both of the above, are you running any system monitoring software (firewalls, antivirus etc) that may be stopping SH3Cmdr from interacting with SH3?
-have you accidently copied the SH3Cmdr.exe file to your desktop?
-what error messages are you getting (pls be specific - include full file paths stated) when you launch the career?