PDA

View Full Version : ..the best mod to use????

U-48
11-01-05, 01:00 PM
Salute! dear dudes;

.......after downloading most of the newest mods who seems usable; and after installing ( manual) new added ships; a big question appears!

Whats the best mod to use;
and
what do they effect?

I mean; when i use RUB 1.44; will my cfg´s and "added ships" still there?
And will they used in the campaings?
In which mod are the latest/ best harbour traffic includet , and/or whill they effect my installed maps??
Sea reflexion map includet; or fatique mod??

Guys i honor your big jobs,........ BUT!!
Too much for me :stare:

What s the better and realistic way to use?
"WORLD 5. or RUB1.44; or any other MOd who came offert as dl.
U see the problem!!!!???
To much mods who will effect the other.
Any idea or explaining?

Best txs for increasing SH3 fun and skill; keep working.

U-48
( ...just on way)

wetwarev7
11-01-05, 01:07 PM
Whats the best mod to use;
and
what do they effect?

Heh....that's a mighty big can-o-worms you got there, buddy.

My advice is to read the readmes in the mods you are interested in, and go from there. In the end, it's all going to boil down to what YOU want in your game, and how well YOU can integrate them.

That being said, I'm running:

IuB
No_Fatigue
Wazoos draggable NoMo
and my own changes to the commands.cfg file(and a couple of other tweaks)

JohnnyPotPie
11-01-05, 01:13 PM
I only use two mods, Sub Commander and Improved Uboat. :arrgh!:

U-48
11-01-05, 01:16 PM
Yep,........ i raed all "readme´s" and get more and more confused :damn:
Improved UBoot i have allready dl,........ but where to hell is the different to RUB1.44 and/or World 50 and so on.............? :o :o

:oops:

wireman
11-01-05, 01:20 PM
I'd follow Johnny's advice.

wetwarev7
11-01-05, 01:29 PM
Yep,........ i raed all "readme´s" and get more and more confused :damn:
Improved UBoot i have allready dl,........ but where to hell is the different to RUB1.44 and/or World 50 and so on.............? :o :o

:oops:

It can be confusing, I asked much the same questions you are asking. RUB has many mods grouped together to work together, IuB has even more(including RUB). Not sure about World50..

This is how I started.....

Install a mod, any mod you like, and play it for an evening, making notes on what you would like changed.

The next night, before you play, see if any other mods make the changes you want, if not, see if you can do it manually. I started just making one or two changes a night. Then play, making more notes as you go along.

I eventually ended up with IuB(Improved U-Boat) with my own changes added to it. It took a couple of weeks, but doing it this way helped me to learn along the way, and changes that I had no clue how to make in the begining, are easy for me to make now.

oRGy
11-01-05, 02:21 PM
wetware, what changes did you make out of interest?

Also the poster who put a no fatigue mod on top of IuB is doing something slightly redundant since IuB 1.01 removes fatigue anyway.

;)

wetwarev7
11-01-05, 02:52 PM
wetware, what changes did you make out of interest?

Also the poster who put a no fatigue mod on top of IuB is doing something slightly redundant since IuB 1.01 removes fatigue anyway.

;)

Let's see......I replaced Basic.cfg with the No_Fatigue one( :P I like to have SOME fatigue)which is actually the "crew vitimans" one,
I re-added the ship types to data/sea/english.cfg(?) (I think...when I target an unknown ship, it now gives me the ship type instead of just a dash),
I changed the crew ranks back to english,
added the Draggable NoMo - I'm in the process of removeing the NoMo from the right-hand side(read: I'm lazy and haven't done it yet),
I've readjusted the deckgun reload times to 8 seconds,
after installing the patch for the en_commands.cfg, I added some keyboard shortcuts for things like nearest visual contact/nearest sonar contact/WO identify target/WO compute solutions/GoBack from attack scope/UZO, etc,
then last night went back and removed keyboard shortcuts for almost all stations(so I can't warp and have to actually walk thru the ship),
tonight I plan on removing the keyboard shortcut for the free cam, so I can have external view, but no free cam,
And I hate to say it, but I may have to replace scene.dat(and corrospnding files). I really really really like to be able to see a long ways off, and I can live with the drop in frame rates(10-12 FPS), but the wave modifications are drowning my crew! It seems that my boat spends more time underwater than above it in all but the calmest seas.

Umm....that's all I can think of right now. I really do like your mod, I'm just picky - and I like to tinker with stuff.
:up: