PDA

View Full Version : What is that balloon doing in the water

BettingUrlife
10-31-05, 10:23 PM
I just slipped into Gibraltar for the first time hoping something big was there, no luck, only a T2 which required a lot of fish as the angle was really bad. But only slipping out of the harbour and moving off to the south-east I thought to have a look at my sub form the outside (I don't use F12 much). Then I noticed this 'balloon' type object, 'What the heck is that doing here?', I asked myself. Then it dawned on me, I was now in the middle of a minefield, I ended up using F12 to guide myself out it, it was rather large.

gdogghenrikson
11-01-05, 01:26 AM
I just slipped into Gibraltar for the first time hoping something big was there, no luck, only a T2 which required a lot of fish as the angle was really bad. But only slipping out of the harbour and moving off to the south-east I thought to have a look at my sub form the outside (I don't use F12 much). Then I noticed this 'balloon' type object, 'What the heck is that doing here?', I asked myself. Then it dawned on me, I was now in the middle of a minefield, I ended up using F12 to guide myself out it, it was rather large.

Cheater :up:

wetwarev7
11-01-05, 10:46 AM
I just use the observation scope to give me a underwater view....

Skubber
11-02-05, 05:11 PM
I also saw that T2, and failed to sink it due to destroyer breathing down my neck

Then one of those "balloons" in Gibralter POPPED on me in quite a nasty way ... :huh:

Damage to bow section with flooding. Somehow we survived.
Side note: putting into La Spezia for repairs is a bad idea ... mission restarts with a bug.

Ula Jolly
11-02-05, 05:18 PM
Periscope for watching for mines, eh? :D I bet that took some time to get out of!