PDA

View Full Version : Harriet E. Miers formally withdraws in letter to Whitehouse

Konovalov
10-27-05, 08:07 AM
The pressure was too much. Miers has withdrawn herself as nominee to the Supreme Court. And the pressure that forced this outcome came from within Bush's own political party rather than from the democrats.

This could be the least of the bad news today with most tipping that there will be indictments issued probably today against senior Whitehouse officials over the CIA leak case. President Bush has been severely let down by those closest to him and perhaps even the Vice President Cheney has questions to answer. We will all know soon enough who is indicted and just how bad this will become for this administration.

Torpedo Fodder
10-27-05, 11:58 AM
Given the infighting Meirs' nomination produced among the Republicans in Congress, I wonder if Bush "convinced" her to withdraw and "take a hit for the team".

Anyway, I wonder who Bush will nominate next? Gonzales?

Type941
10-27-05, 12:09 PM
Well... Democracy at its best, nothing more to say.

Konovalov
10-27-05, 01:00 PM
Given the infighting Meirs' nomination produced among the Republicans in Congress, I wonder if Bush "convinced" her to withdraw and "take a hit for the team".

I thought the same thing. Of course there is no way we could say that for certain unless either Bush, somone in the inner circle or Meirs herself reveals this down the track. Bush and Meirs are very close friends. I think Meirs just looked at the whole political situation regarding the various scandals such as the CIA leak inquiry along with Delay and Frists legal problems and thuoght enough is enough. And no doubt that the Bush Administration didn't try to talk Meirs' out of her decision.

Onkel Neal
10-31-05, 06:49 PM
well, now things get really interesting! :rock:

tycho102
10-31-05, 08:57 PM
Yeah, one stealth is all he was expecting, which is why he stuffed the Chief in there, first. I hope this one with Alito gets physical. I hope there's some fistfights in the Senate, like back in the old days (1850's). Leahy has just pretty much given this guy the finger.

Honestly, I didn't have any problem with Miers. Quite the contrary, in fact. I pretty much figure the entire Congress voted her down because she would have completely screwed up everybody's established network, much like Jesse Ventura did up in Minnesota.

I've always been one for the stirring up the old folks home...