PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly things got dark(er)

Charleston
10-20-05, 04:52 PM
Hi folks,

I did a reinstall to add pm and started a patrol to the Marshalls. Everything is much darker than before. It's hard to see the degree markings on the TBT, with or without red lights.

The sky has been overcast with rain for about 10 days. Very bland gray skies with few detectable clouds, just sort of a gray haze. It makes me feel like I'm in the bloody North Atlantic <facial look of distain>.

Is something amiss or did I just get a run of bad mojo? I did load up a couple of the single missions and old patrols. There was a nice variety of weather between them. So I'm leaning toward the bad mojo explaination....

Hitman
10-21-05, 06:59 AM
The pacific ocean is not always that "Pacific" :) US subs encountered a variety of weather states, and near japan it was common to have fog and overcast weather nearly all year (Nearly same latitude as Britain). The PACG picks at random weather templates according to the proper season the campaign is played, but CB made a patch to improve them. It should be still in his web:

www.ebort.com

Happy hunting :up:

Charleston
10-21-05, 04:59 PM
Nice, thanks again, Hitman.

There were some additional mods on that link I hadn't heard of. I'll have fun tonight twinkering with 'em. :D