PDA

View Full Version : Distant Dream?

Sulikate
10-15-05, 09:21 PM
oh well... Today afternoon I was playing SHIII when something came to my mind...

-imagine, if you could play DW with SHIII's graphics...

-if possible, try to see a Seawolf saling surface, in those green waters.

-as you continue heading north at 9 knots, use your external camera,
and look at the reflection of the sub crawling trought the water...

-the water is a bit choppy, and the boat bobs up and down, creating some spray particles...

-take the camera down, a look from bellow, you see the beatiful grey hull of the sub, getting some specular highlight.

-then, you decide to dive, to have better sonar diagnostics...

-the vents are closed, some air escapes from them, showing air sprays...

-the dive planes are adjusted, you can see them pointing down, and the foam starts to cover the deck...

-the seawolf continues descending, now the sail is the only part visible from the surface.

-you raise the scope, with that caracteristic blurring effect, taking
a 360 degrees check.

-then you keep going down, the water is getting murkier (thanks
the Color Inspector Tool!).

-you set speed for ahead 2/3, the engine officer copies the order.

-now, the final test: you want to see how fast you can rise... so, blow ballast!

-you hear the ballast tanks blowing theyre water, and boat starts to rise, with a constant increase in the rise angle...

-you are at 100 feet, and, using the external camera, see the boat coming fast.

-and then... it breaks in the surface, even going higher, and then falling, creating a lot of sprays...

It surelly looks like a dream... SHIII graphics apllied in a modern subsim would be something awesome! I think it would be very
difficult (if not impossible), even with a lot of very talented modders
and modelers (me too :arrgh!: ) we have, to achieve such point...
How I wish we had the ultimate modding tool, the one that would let us change the models, and deeply modify the game's graphics (I just lost the name of the tool...)
Those TLAM'S and MK48 going around and hiting they' re targets with these amazing graphics... High poly 3d models, from subs to
carriers... incredible.

well thats it, I hope my thougts let you "dream" a bit about this
possibility, and maybe, in the future (SHIV :yep: ).

Bort
10-15-05, 11:59 PM
Thats definately a dream I share! :ping:
Of course, not to belittle any of the magic that the DW team has already made possible :D