PDA

View Full Version : WOLVES AT WAR

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 12:07 PM
4days ago i signed up with WAW, i carefully choose a german uboat commander as my name making sure its not already taken, and i answered the 3 questions. The reason i wish to try out WAW is i like the rules they offer. I also wanted another online playing option. Yet i think im wrong in thinking this WAW is online. What is this WAW do we if accepted get missions sent to us where we complete and report back when done? How does it work. And what happens now, i havne't recieved an email from them to say if im accepted, does it take awhile?

It never states on there site if they are online or not? it just explains about the missions flotillas etc.,, if it aint online thats ok, im still willing to try this new gameplay out. What is KTB.

Seeteufel
10-10-05, 12:36 PM
KTB must be Kriegstagebuch = War Diary.

Sorry that I can't answer your other questions... :oops:

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 12:39 PM
WaW assigned you to a specific U-boat in a flotilla. We play patrols in the games campaign. We're up to Patrol 10, December 1941.

There are special missions planned. We already had one for 29.f U-boats, who had to make it through Gibralter to La Spetzia. Some of them didn't.

There's a lot of role playing and atmosphere, including the night club and officer's forums, patrol diaries, submitted KTBs (captain's logs) and radio com with BdU during patrols, when appropriate.

Highly enjoyable. It definitely adds to the gameplay.

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 12:46 PM
WaW assigned you to a specific U-boat in a flotilla. We play patrols in the games campaign. We're up to Patrol 10, December 1941.

I see. So i would get the same missions as everyone else, we are all contributing to the war in our own way etc., ?

Good, i can't wait to try this out.

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 12:56 PM

I see. So i would get the same missions as everyone else, we are all contributing to the war in our own way etc.,.
Yes. Your flotilla commander will assign you to a patrol grid before the scheduled start of each patrol. Of course, like in the game, you might wind up intercepting the enemy elsewhere but you'll need BdU's approval for this.

WaW also accumlates member's tonnage statistics and compares them to historical figures.

And it's a mature lot of people. :yep:

Dowly
10-10-05, 01:10 PM
Omg!! How I`ve missed the WaW!??! I always though it was somekind of a multiplayer league or something!? Omg omg omg! Kaleun Dowly reporting in! :rock:

Dowly
10-10-05, 01:27 PM
Oh, one more thing. Is it allowed to play on WaW with any mods you like? Or do I have to disable the RuB and all the others I use? (Mainly visual mods)

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 01:34 PM
Oh, one more thing. Is it allowed to play on WaW with any mods you like? Or do I have to disable the RuB and all the others I use? (Mainly visual mods)
Visual mods are OK. RUb is recomended. Certain difficulty settings must be enabled.

You're safe. :smug:

Dowly
10-10-05, 01:38 PM
Visual mods are OK. RUb is recomended. Certain difficulty settings must be enabled.

And I don´t need to use the WaW realism mod if I use RuB?

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 01:54 PM

And I don´t need to use the WaW realism mod if I use RuB?
Correct, though I did have the WaW mod installed overriding RUb until the current patrol. No big deal really either way.

Dowly
10-10-05, 02:05 PM
Ok, thanks Avon! You´re the best! :up:

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 02:14 PM
Ok, thanks Avon! You´re the best! :up:
True..... True...... :roll:

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 02:18 PM
ok what happens now, im chewing my fingernails, smoking ciggarettes, checking my email every 20min LOL Im waiting for an answer from WAW.

Bdu must be checking me out huh.

:arrgh!:

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 02:25 PM
ok what happens now, im chewing my fingernails, smoking ciggarettes, checking my email every 20min LOL Im waiting for an answer from WAW.

BdU has been very busy lately with family matters. I suggest a lot of patience. :zzz:

Dowly
10-10-05, 02:25 PM

Lol. my fingernails are gone already, I´m on the knuckles atm. :)

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 02:46 PM
BdU has been very busy lately with family matters. I suggest a lot of patience.

Stubbs out 20th ciggarette this morning, downs 9th coffee lol

Thank you Alvon.... I will wait....patiently

Dowly put abit of salt on those knuckles works a treat :rock: :)

Dowly
10-10-05, 02:51 PM
Dowly put abit of salt on those knuckles works a treat :rock: :)

Aww man! Why didnt you tell me that earlier! I have no fingers anymore, I cant pick up the salt without fingers!? :cry:

Man, it´s hard to type with your toes....

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 02:59 PM
:D

Hey i ask in another thread, but are you playing the game in window mode? Cos you can play and surf the net. Cool! i can't if i play in window mode my game crashes. But i presume this is the way you do it huh?

Or you playing on the 2nd computer and useing computer 1 to surf

Dowly
10-10-05, 03:42 PM
I just ALT+TAB back to windows, when playing.

Muntjak
10-10-05, 03:51 PM
I just ALT+TAB back to windows, when playing.

It (usualy) works for me but only for the first time after bootig windows. All next tries ends with sh3 crash.

CCIP
10-10-05, 07:36 PM
Never a problem for me (ALT+TAB) - although it used to cause some of the background sounds in the game to hang up and stay on all the time. (I got around that by removing wind noises and a few other not-too-essential ambient sounds).

As for WaW... mm... good times, if I may say so myself? :)

Yes, BdU has been in-and-out lately, though he's now apparently recruiting members to help him deal with the administrative workload. I hope your applications are sorted out soon enough.

Better get in on the fun before 1943 rolls around (which, at this rate, will be in 2-3 months real time from now) :up:

kiwi_2005
10-10-05, 10:27 PM
ALT-TAB. if i use this, i get a DURRRRRRRRRRRR sound LOL thats loud! But i thought yous would be using the Window mode. or someother way.

Thanks for the update on waw.

Nefarious
11-03-05, 06:33 PM
I have enlisted, Looking forward to start training!

Dowly
11-04-05, 04:41 AM
Welcome to WaW Nefarious! :up:

We need more kapitans to flush out the tommies from the seas! :)

The Avon Lady
11-04-05, 04:51 AM
Dowly, I really like that sig pic. And, yes, it's beautiful and terrible at the same time.

Myszkin
11-04-05, 06:44 AM

Dowly, how long I have to wait for your answer about enlistment?

Dowly
11-04-05, 08:01 AM

Dowly, how long I have to wait for your answer about enlistment?

Wow! Hold on a minute! I`m not the admin of WaW! :) Just a player!

I got enlisted in couple of days. But it might take more than that, depends on how busy the 'BdU' is.

Myszkin
11-04-05, 08:09 AM
Wow! Hold on a minute! I`m not the admin of WaW! :) Just a player!

Sorry! "Your answer" I mean - WaW answer... :)