PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Veterans Question......

RWW
10-08-05, 07:35 PM
Hello all, longtime lurker....firstime poster. I LOVE THIS GAME! I'm on my 15th patrol so far, and have only been sunk once (By hittting bottom like a dumbass!) Anyway, my question involves what you've seen (or haven't seen) out on patrol. Anything unusual? Primarily, I'm wondering if anyone has seen any enemy subs? Or destroyers using towed hooks? I expected to see this, and so far haven't seen any.........Cheers to all -Wayne

CCIP
10-08-05, 07:47 PM
Nope. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't see any of that - at least not until modders come up with those kinds of things.

To think, enemy subs are probably possible already to some extent, if Sergbuto converts his Wolfpack mod to the allied side, although they will be vastly simplified.

Otherwise, the one thing you might be unpleasantly surprised to see later is hedgehogs. :hmm:

Kalach
10-08-05, 08:06 PM
Indeed, I underestimated the hedgehogs, that's a mistake you don't make twice ;)

You can look forward to finding your first liner or battleship :up: . Later upgrades like radar and the snorkel will make you change your tactics and bring a different experience from the early years.

If your using the latest patch you can expect to come across mines or sub nets, always a great suprise :hmm:

RWW
10-09-05, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the reply! Oddly enuff I haven't seen any nets yet either, although I have spotted a few mines around Scalpa. I wonder why Ubi omitted the towed hooks? Man those things look like a nightmanre to me from a u-boat Captains perspective! BTW, what are "Hedgehogs?" Cheers to all -Wayne

10-09-05, 09:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_weapon#Depth_charge

The full answer is on that page.

I've never encountered on personally, but they sound pretty fun

gdogghenrikson
10-09-05, 11:45 PM
hedgehoges are evil.....and no 1916 they do not sound like fun

ReM
10-10-05, 02:23 AM
The good part is that the hedgehogs look very cool,
a nice circling pattern of depth charges......all sinking.
The bad part is that there is a very big chance of you being hit by one of them, and join the rest of the hedgehogs, sinking....
It is very nicely done, although I don't loke the sounds of the hedgehogs being fired....it sounds just like your AA gun.

10-10-05, 07:51 AM
hedgehoges are evil.....and no 1916 they do not sound like fun

I have a warped sense of "fun" though ;)