PDA

View Full Version : Back to zero after savegame reload

Torpedoshark
10-07-05, 08:25 AM
This question may have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Sometimes when I save a game during patrol and reload the very same savegame later, I find myself back in Kiel harbour.

I realized this happens mostly when I get damaged after having saved said game. Is that a way of UBI punishing you for getting bombed? Like they do not want to make the game too easy so your patrol is lost entirely if you try to reload a savegame after getting damaged.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I bet the answer is obvious.

Ah, and BTW: Where is "livingSH3" gone? I can't find a trace of it here on the board or on the official SH3 website?

Thanks!

Dave

SteamWake
10-07-05, 09:20 AM
Do not use the "save and exit" function. It is buggy.

Instead use the "save" feature then exit the game manually. :up:

jaxa
10-07-05, 10:21 AM
"Save and exit" is buggy? I've never heard about that. What's wrong with it? I use it usually when I want to save game during patrol and exit the game without any errors.
Could you explain it?

SteamWake
10-07-05, 10:38 AM
Yes this one is contraversial (sp?).

Many say it does not exist. Some (myself included) have witnessed it first hand.

All I know is when I used to use save and exit every once in a while I would get a corrupted save that would not allow me to continue. Either the game would ctd or an officer would be missing or some other goofyness.

It probably has something to do with system configuration (I have dual drives, (sh3 installed on D:) dvd burner, cd burner, a couple of usb hugs blah blah blah). Im sure yours is different but you get my point.

All I know is once I adopted this procedure (save then exit manually) I have never had a corrupt save or ctd.

jaxa
10-07-05, 11:08 AM
It's odd, I never noticed any problems with "save and exit".
But I saw another problem - I usually save my game as, for instance, "game". When I want to save it again during patrol I must type "game" in the window manually, because it isn't possible to click on "game" and transfer it automatically.

Torpedoshark
10-07-05, 11:54 AM
So what you are saying is even if I get bombed badly I can reload my latest savegame and continue, right? good to know. I'll stay away from save & exit now and in another thread I've read that you should not use a number as first character of the savegame's name. I uses to safe mine in versions (like 43 for 3rd save of 4th patrol).

Deep-Six
10-07-05, 12:29 PM
never had a problem w/ save and exit. :D

U-104
10-07-05, 12:35 PM
never had a problem w/ save and exit. :D me too