PDA

View Full Version : Has BDU gone MAD???

Hitman
10-07-05, 04:56 AM
Installed RUB 1.44, great!, now off to begin a campaign in late war (Since I can't have wolfpacks, playing lone wolf in very early or late war is the only way to be realistic), join 10th Flotilla and get a much desired Type IXD2, great! Now select the crew and as I'm watering my mouth on the perspective of enjoying tropical waters, BDU orders me to patrol Grid BF28 WHAT?? :o That's in front of Land's End you bastards!! :doh: Do you want me to get killed??? :x It is nonesense to send the longest range ever U-Boat, with a huge load of torpedoes and fuel and with a crash dive time of nearly 40 seconds to patrol on an area close to France and infested with air and sea patrols :damn: What kind of sunday UBoot drivers has got BDU as advicing officers?? :stare:

Hope RUB 1.45 fixes this...it is absolutely nonesense.

And yes, I know I can ignore BDU's orders or go there and get out in 24 hours, but come on, I'm trying to play with a bit of realism and inmersion.... :damn:

Alyebard
10-07-05, 06:46 AM
Be more agresive :rotfl:

U-104
10-07-05, 10:02 AM
:rotfl:

Crash Dive
10-07-05, 11:20 AM
Try out Silent Hunter 3 Commander, you can edit the patrol zones. :ping:

Hitman
10-07-05, 02:50 PM
Be more agresive

LOL :lol:

You bastard!! :arrgh!:

FAdmiral
10-07-05, 02:59 PM
Yes, the randon patrol zone is just that, RANDOM...
Nothing realistic about it. Can be anywhere !!
But the Commander will let you fix it, put in your hand-picked
zone....

JIM

PS. Aggression should be sprinkled with plenty of CAUTION !

rulle34
10-07-05, 03:00 PM
This sounds strange. :o
I know that Beery have made a hard work, trying to edit "wrong" patrol grids and also try to make them geografically realistic depending on wich type of subs that actually was in each flottila. Maybe this one have just slip through :roll:

Or your radioman had a tough night at the bar last night? :rotfl:

Hitman
10-07-05, 03:07 PM
This sounds strange.
I know that Beery have made a hard work, trying to edit "wrong" patrol grids and also try to make them geografically realistic depending on wich type of subs that actually was in each flottila. Maybe this one have just slip through

Well I suppose that if my Flotilla also has got Type 7 U-Boots, sending them to Capetown would be impossible :hmm: so I might be the victim of a compromise :arrgh!:

Syxx_Killer
10-07-05, 03:26 PM
It's nice having a U-boat that dives slower than it took Titanic to sink, isn't it? :88)

Hitman
10-07-05, 03:38 PM
Or your radioman had a tough night at the bar last night?

You mean something like a "Rough night at Lagtrees brothel"? :roll:

Sounds to me like the voice of experience :-j

(J-O-K-I-N-G) :-j :-j

Hartmann
10-07-05, 09:02 PM
well... 40 secons is only 10 secons more than other smaller subs. :dead:

could be a administrative error in bdu... or a drunken officer lost a paper and other guy put the orders in a wrong folder.

could be worse. like a replacement of 15" inches shells for the deck gun .

:rotfl: