PDA

View Full Version : Poland

akula_krieg
10-04-05, 02:38 PM
Currently tracking a coastal merchie with a Polish flag. It's September 1939. I know Poland was being overrun by Germany at this point; however, does SHIII currently classify this vessel as enemy or neutral?

-akula-

Dowly
10-04-05, 02:51 PM
From 2. september 1939, Poland is enemy.

If this info is right:
http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Nationality_Status_Timeline

10-04-05, 04:52 PM
Poland was indeed overrun by the end of September '39 by German and Russian forces but many Polish ships managed to evade capture or destruction and had sailed on and those that could fought by the Allies' side with the Nazis through the entire war. Ever heard of the Polish submarine Orzel (Eagle) sinking the Rio de Janeiro troop transport headed for Norway in '40? Or the Piorun (Thunderbolt) destroyer spotting and shadowing the Bismarck (including an exchange of artillery fire!) in '41? Or about the Polish ships taking part in D-Day in '44?

So if you see a Polish ship in SH3 - it's always your enemy.

jaxa
10-05-05, 12:46 PM
kaa has absolutely right!
Dowly - this is a historical mistake in SH3, Poland should be enemy from 1 September 1939

FAdmiral
10-05-05, 01:47 PM
I think this game (SH3) has everything neutral until you are
notified by message that war has begun....

JIM

10-05-05, 01:55 PM
German attack on Poland had started on early morning 1st September 1939 - so when you leave port that day, the war has already begun. Britain and France had declared war on Germany on 3rd September, so before you sail far, they're enemies too. I believe that those three countries are your only enemies in SH3 until well into 1940.