PDA

View Full Version : @ panthercules (or anyone else) re Installing prob, RUB 1.44

Kaleun
10-03-05, 01:39 PM
Hi,

I've just downloaded RUB 1.44 (a fine piece of work of what i seen so far, haven't sailed yet though!) i noticed in Berry's original post that you wheren't sure whether it was loaded/installed correctly.

I may be able to help you, as i think you may have made the same mistake that i did - if you're using the JSGME mod installer and follow the instructions it provides in the JPEG file it mentions that after you run JSGME for the first time and it creates the "MODS" folder, to make a folder in it and name it the mod name (i.e. Real u-boat 1.44, for example) and extract the mod into this newly user created folder

Real u-boat already has this extra folder in place called "RUB 1.44" in the zip file, so you should just extract the .7 file straight into the "MODS" folder WITHOUT creating a seperate sub-folder otherwise the mod will enable 1 level down in the file tree NOT replacing or updating the relevant files.

I made this mistake the first time i installed it, and after some messing around i found out why RUB wasn't working.

You will know when it is installed as the Silent Hunter III loading screen will have been altered and Beery will have done a little advertising with the words "Real u-boat version 1.44" in the centre of the screen. :up:

Hope this helps

Kalen

panthercules
10-03-05, 10:22 PM
Yep - not sure if it happened just as you suspected, but the result turned out to be the same - somehow I ended up with a RUB1.44 folder within the RUB1.44 folder in the MODS folder, so of course the mod enabler wasn't able to get it right - once I got rid of the extra RUB 1.44 folder, the install went just fine

Now I just have to decide whether I want to go whole hog and try SH3 Commander as well, or just stick with RUB 1.44 for a while. So many choices, so little time :)

Great Work Beery et al. !