PDA

View Full Version : My game keeps crashing to desktop

Borgneface
10-03-05, 07:32 AM
S! Gentlemen;
I really cannot play any longer with SH3, The game keeps crashing to desktop! it never happenqs at the same moment but never at the beginning of the game!

I am running under WXP SP2
Pentium 4
2.80GHz
1.50 Go of RAM
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce FX5900T
Drivers Version: 6.6.9.3

I have not problem with my other games such has IL2FB PF orn Rome Total War......
Any body has any idea where the problems comes from??

I would really parreicate some tips or help here,

Thank you very much

Borgneface

SteamWake
10-03-05, 08:45 AM
Are you patched up ?

What version ?

Any Mods ?

Have you been using the crew management buttons ?????!!!

We really need this information to help you.

Borgneface
10-04-05, 04:07 AM
Yes I am patched using version 4.1b

my last install was with no Mod at all, cause I thought those could be causing the problem...but still happens

Yes I was using the crew management button from time to time.
but the game crashed sometime while I was just sailing and doing nothing .....just waiting !....

Thanks for your help...

Borgneface

Dowly
10-04-05, 04:34 AM
I had that problem when I wasnt using the mod enabler and installed too many mods at the same time.

But if you are not using mods, then I cant help you. :(

John Channing
10-04-05, 06:09 AM
Turn your the Hardware Sound acceleration down to zero.

Start>>> Run>> Dxdiag

Go to the Sound Tab and put the slider all the way to the left.

JCC

Borgneface
10-04-05, 08:00 AM
Thanks a lot Guys,

JCC I will try your solution and keep you updated

:D

Kpt. Lehmann
10-04-05, 11:30 AM
Are you patched up ?

What version ?

Any Mods ?

What adverse effects would using the "crew management" buttons potentially have? Are there any know issues regarding these?

SteamWake
10-04-05, 01:29 PM
Are you patched up ?

What version ?

Any Mods ?

What adverse effects would using the "crew management" buttons potentially have? Are there any know issues regarding these?

The crew "macro" management buttons have been a known cause of CTD's for some users. Myself included.

Several threads about it around game release time. I dont know wether or not it was put into the offical game bug thread.

Its espically aggrivating because it is not consistant eg it may happen on the 3rd button push or the 30th. But it usually happens when you least expect it and have no saves :roll:

On another note the game has been known to crash when the user goes on a click fest :yep:

oRGy
10-04-05, 01:48 PM
I get occasional crashes when scrolling around the map view at low zoom and it loads a new 'grid map'.

Irritating.

Sturgeon
10-04-05, 02:15 PM
I also get CTD's when using the macro crew management buttons. It does appear that a small percentage of players experience this problem. If I avoid using these crew management buttons (which is a little tedious), then I get no CTD's at all.

I have nothing more to add to this post. ;)

Borgneface
10-05-05, 05:01 AM
I also get CTD's when using the macro crew management buttons. It does appear that a small percentage of players experience this problem. If I avoid using these crew management buttons (which is a little tedious), then I get no CTD's at all.

I hesitate to say this, but I do know a fix for my CTD problem that may help other players. There is 'a way' to play without the DVD, and when I tried this last week my CTD problems disappeared. You realize, of course, that this means that legal users are punished for following the rules.

Well this is very interesting ! And I always thought that "Crime did not pay"......and now I see that in order to be able to use my U-Boat I must use become an outlaw!....LOL

:rotfl:

Borgneface

John Channing
10-05-05, 05:46 AM

I hesitate to say this, but I do know a fix for my CTD problem that may help other players. There is 'a way' to play without the DVD, and when I tried this last week my CTD problems disappeared. You realize, of course, that this means that legal users are punished for following the rules.

Perhaps you should have hesistated a litle more.

This is not the forum for this kind of discussion. And pm's are not a good idea either.

Thanks

JCC

Borgneface
10-05-05, 10:37 AM
Perhaps you should have hesistated a litle more.

This is not the forum for this kind of discussion. And pm's are not a good idea either.

Thanks

JCC

I see that I have made a mistype in my reply. and did make it clear enough
...I meant ".....I should become an Outlaw"......
I just meant it as a joke...I never use this kind of tricks to use my games. They are all legal ....

Borgneface

rulle34
10-05-05, 03:03 PM
Borgneface! Using soundmods who are not 16bit mono is a great issue for CTD's. If you have any soundmods, check that they are in mono. That helped me in the beginning.

If you have saved while at see and installed/removed any mods and then started the game from that save will for sure cause CTD'S.

Borgneface
10-06-05, 04:10 AM
Thanks for your advice Rulle34,
At the beginning, yes I had Soundmods, but when my Game started to CTD, the first thing I did was to get rid of all Mods and I even remove Sh3 completely to do a clean install........
I am going to reinstall the Game once more and try JCC's tip

I'll post here the result asap

Borgneface

Dead Mans Hand
10-07-05, 02:47 PM
You're not using dual montiors, perchance, are you?