PDA

View Full Version : It will be new knowledge for type II Cmdr.

donut
10-02-05, 10:30 PM
We left the dock with 4 torps,tubes #1 & #2 loaded-green,#3 was red, two fish in reserve position,in weapon management screen.The capt.was to pooped to pop,so he hit the rack,When I awoke,there were only two torps on the sub and the tubes were not loaded?Crew in fwd torp.rm. four I recall. auto load selected in wep.mgt.Torps in queue.so what is the Queue?We have no gramaphone?what function does cycle the tubes do besides reset the TDC.and is it only a key comand,also open & close doors. answers will make our patrol. There is talk on the forum about CTD please explain,the learning curve is increasing in pitch.A responce would be kind

donut
10-04-05, 11:35 AM
Bump up date:#1 silent running set by AI. at dock.#2 accidently hitting enter key on number panel when useing time compression. #3 .ctd is picture file type.#4 gramaphone still INOP. any thoughts! Note;silent running prevents loading torps.

Sailor Steve
10-04-05, 11:40 AM
I see you've already figured out the silent running thing. As to the Gramaphone, first check in the Sound/Gramaphone folder to see if there's anything in there. If not, try some of the great downloads available around these boards. If there are files there but they won't play, it might be one of these problems:

1) Are you using patch 1.4b? It enables you to shut the in-game music off but still have the gramaphone.

2) I recently re-installed everything, but for some reason the gramaphone isn't working. My solution was the same as I did before the patch: Leave the music turned on but go to the Sound/Music folder and delete all the files except the Music file itself. Works fine, and I don't like the background music anyway.

thasaint
10-04-05, 02:04 PM
CTD stands for crash to desktop, when the game just closes by itself and you're back looking at your desktop scratching your head heheh

donut
10-08-05, 01:14 PM
Sailor steve & thasaint for your assistance