PDA

View Full Version : Sabatour??? Crew member causing CTD; Not a joke!!

Wulfmann
10-01-05, 11:06 AM
I have two PCs. One has never CTD ever. The other has constant CTD problems with SH3. I replaced the X800 and still CTD (yeah, you would think the bigger PC would be the better, but not for SH3).
The only thing different between them was the Audigy Sound Blaster 2 sound card.
I removed that and, have no idea why, but no CTD.

Until the traitor showed his ugly face!

This was a 1942 start career so the only Chiefs (2)added were 150 rated. All others were 200
I was half way through a patrol when I went to trade out the tired command room. I put the chief in the radio position and CTD.
I had to start the patrol over, I hate that, but this time I saved the game before doing this again.
Same deal, CTD.
Restart and this time used anyone but the two 150 added chiefs, No problem. Try the chief, CTD

So, I added the entire data folder from My Documents with this career to the older smaller PC that never has a problem and it also CTD when I tried this.
Went back to the bigger PC and docked at Brest and dismissed these two traitors (They were shot at dawn!!!)

While I am perplexed as to my Sound Audigy card causing a CTD problem (not with any other game) I can not guess why these interlopers could sabotage my Boat.
The 2 problems are unrelated, the least I understand on this

Have you had this problem? Anyone, anyone???

Wulfmann

joea
10-01-05, 01:06 PM
No just a bloody ctd on a good patrol that is lost now. :shifty: For no reason I can see.

Seeteufel
10-01-05, 02:39 PM
Went back to the bigger PC and docked at Brest and dismissed these two traitors (They were shot at dawn!!!)

:rotfl:

Kalach
10-02-05, 03:33 AM
Maybe your sound card didn't know how to sound like a British agent putting on a bad German accent?
Good work removing those spies from our fleet :up:

glenno
10-02-05, 04:51 AM
Well this is unrelated but my antivirus software says 3 of SH3s ogg files are possible viruses . Puts them into quarantine .

Wulfmann
10-02-05, 09:50 AM
Vell, here im Deutschland, vee do not quarantine drooble mekkers, Vee shootz zem!!!

It is very perplexing how this runs perfect (but slower) on one PC and CTD on the other supoosidly better PC.
I will be upgrading that PC to a 64BitCPU set up shortly anyway but would like to solve it beyond any doubt before hand.
The fact a crew man can become somehow corrupt certainly says there is instability possible without any PC hardware issues. That just complicates things further.

Wulfmann

Elder-Pirate
10-02-05, 04:04 PM
I will be upgrading that PC to a 64BitCPU set up shortly

And when you do there will be a boxing match between the 64bit and Starfarce :lol:

I understand there is a fix but without it your 64bit could get bruised up in the fight. :lol:

I can see it now: CTD,CTD,CDT,CDT. :hmm:

DING: Round two. :damn:

Course you could take that Star---- critter out and shoot it :rotfl: for its more rotten than your two chiefs were.

Anyway I wish you luck. :)

Wulfmann
10-02-05, 09:35 PM
I assumed the Star Force problem was on;y with Win64 OS and not a problem if I installed XP. There is not enough reason to install Win64 from what I have been advised.
Are you suggesting a 64 bit with XP would also have a problem????

Wulfmann

Kalach
10-02-05, 10:40 PM
I've got a 64bit running on XP with no problems. I think starforce will only have problems with OS's released after SH3 was.

Gizzmoe
10-02-05, 11:34 PM
The problem isn´t the 64bit CPU, it´s the 64bit OS.

Wulfmann
10-03-05, 09:56 AM

Good to know, thanks.

Wulfmann

Elder-Pirate
10-03-05, 03:04 PM

Well now Gizzmoe I'm confused for I did really think it was the 64bit cpu but I stand corrected. :oops:

Sorry about that Wulfmann. :( I'll do a little more research next time.

Heh, I'm getting to old for you young whipersnapers. :yep: :D