PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 2 speeds

Muntjak
09-30-05, 09:26 PM
I was fed up with sh3 speech files for speeds (german ones). I riped sounds from Silent Hunter 2 and replaced all but "grosse fahrt vor aus" sounds (sh2 has only grosse and AK wrong - grosse = AK and AK = drei mal something). I replaced also "jawohl herr kaleun" with sound from sh2.

There is some redundancy there but everything is working OK and all speeches correspond perfectly to machine telegraph settings.

http://files.filefront.com/SH2_speeds_JSGMEzip/;4198761;;/fileinfo.html

It overwrites few sound files from RuB.

Sailor Steve
10-01-05, 03:23 PM
There are several sound mods using files from Das Boot. In mine I eliminated the "Jawohl, herr kaleun" altogether, mainly because I hated hearing hm say it before shouting "ALARRRRMMM!".

Of course I used the DBSM sound mods for SHII, because I didn't like the stock voices in that game either.

Muntjak
10-01-05, 03:36 PM
There are several sound mods using files from Das Boot. In mine I eliminated the "Jawohl, herr kaleun" altogether, mainly because I hated hearing hm say it before shouting "ALARRRRMMM!".

Of course I used the DBSM sound mods for SHII, because I didn't like the stock voices in that game either.

So DBSM mod includes voices from Sh2? I supposed that somebody could do it before :) but could not find such mod :)

I like your soundpack very much but the lack of "jawohl" is unacceptable for me. When I ask WO for something, he just moves mouths and says nothing :) Unfortunately "jawohl" does not compose well with your speed voices :/ So I decided to use speeches from Sh2.

I'll select few more sounds from your mod and mod my game with them :-) The more stock sounds replaced the better ;)

clive bradbury
10-02-05, 08:55 AM
Like you, I could not deal with the officers mouthing 'jawohl' - but you can still use sailor steve's excellent sounds - save the stock 'jawohl' somewhere, install steve's sounds, then copy the original file back into each of the 9 folders.

Muntjak
10-02-05, 09:48 AM
Like you, I could not deal with the officers mouthing 'jawohl' - but you can still use sailor steve's excellent sounds - save the stock 'jawohl' somewhere, install steve's sounds, then copy the original file back into each of the 9 folders.

I did it. But it does not mix well. When I ordered halbe fahrt vor aus it was something like:
jawohl herr kaleun!!!...(pause)... halbe fahrt for aus (as an order from commander)... beide machinen gehen halbe fahrt vor aus (confirmation). Unacceptable :(

(sorry for my poor Deutsch ;) )