PDA

View Full Version : watch officer estimates

Tozzifan
09-29-05, 11:11 AM
how much are ranges called by WO correct?
....I'm playing SH3 at 94% (8th patrol), and in achieving manual targeting solutions WO could allow to spare time; nonetheless WO surprisingly yields ranges even when ownship is bobbing in rough seas and the distance is closing: isn't he too good? ;) is it a bug?

_alphaBeta_
09-29-05, 01:22 PM
I guess you could call it a realism bug. :|\

Yes, he's a little too good at ranging targets.

Sailor Steve
09-29-05, 01:29 PM
AlphaBeta seems to be a master of understatement. I'd describe both the Watch Officer and Weapons Officer as perfect, godlike, or maybe Supermen (telescopic vision and all that).

Col7777
09-29-05, 02:50 PM
He's not much good a spotting a ship though, I can normally see one long before he shouts out.

_alphaBeta_
09-29-05, 10:42 PM
You mean most people couldn't visually tell the exact range to a ship in the pitch black of night while standing on a conning tower? I find that hard to believe.

:-j

I do like how he can do this but not notice the occasional destroyer that starts firing shells. Guess it depends on whether it's before or after happy hour.

Kpt. Lehmann
09-30-05, 01:14 AM
I do like how he can do this but not notice the occasional destroyer that starts firing shells. Guess it depends on whether it's before or after happy hour.

Roger that... :nope:

billclifton
09-30-05, 07:45 PM
or the ship spotted when the c3 is already grinding you to dust.