PDA

View Full Version : X1 MUST GO !!!

stratege
09-26-05, 03:19 AM
Nobody knows a good lawer ?? We need to syndicate, and go for X1 scam...

Terrapin MUST BE supported.

The Avon Lady
09-26-05, 03:30 AM
DUPLICATE THREADS MUST GO!!!

:yep:

Gizzmoe
09-26-05, 03:33 AM

No, the modders must be supported. Terrapin only hosts files.

Mowgli
09-26-05, 07:17 AM

No, the modders must be supported. Terrapin only hosts files.

Think your statement through Gizzmoe.

Without the likes of Terrapin hosting the files in an organised manner, there would be chaos in organising workable mods.

What would be the point of manufacturing or producing food if there were no means of distributing it. I suppose we could all walk to the individual sites and pick up our goods. Because by your logic there would be no garages to fill our cars up, because they only "host" petrol.

Gizzmoe
09-26-05, 08:03 AM
Think your statement through Gizzmoe.

I did. I´ve never said that Terrapin´s service is useless, but it wouldn´t be tragic if his site is gone forever. If, on the other hand, some of our talented modders say "I have enough of that sh*it!" because of what X1 does, now that would be very tragic, because it´s very difficult to replace good modders, but not too difficult to reallocate all files to different sites if u-boot.realsimulation.com should be gone forever. Don´t forget, the situation is that X1 is potentially ripping of our modders, not Terrapin!

Syxx_Killer
09-26-05, 08:16 AM
If Terrapin's site goes, the modding community will likely go into chaos. Most mods are hosted on Terrapin's site while not being on any others. What about older mods? They will be gone, too. Who else would take the time and effort to actively browse the forums for new mods or host a shuperstore kind of site that has practially all the mods past and present. Terrapin does the modding community an invaluable service for you guessed it - free.

Gizzmoe
09-26-05, 08:37 AM
Most mods are hosted on Terrapin's site while not being on any others. What about older mods? They will be gone, too.

They wouldn´t be gone! Why should Terrapin delete all files? All files would simply be moved to another place and a few weeks later we would have an alternative site somewhere. If nothing else works we can put everything on Filefront and use Subsim´s "Downloads" page as a directory site. That would only take a few days.

Terrapin does the modding community an invaluable service for you guessed it - free.

Right now he works against us. He hasn´t closed his site to protect the modders, he has closed it to put pressure on us. That was a very childish move, mildly speaking... I quote: "U-Boot.RealSimulation.com is closed temporarily; it may go offline forever if X1 continues to rip off modders doing free community work. It's YOU to take action." Thank you sooooo much, Terrapin... :roll:

CWorth
09-26-05, 09:50 AM
Right now he works against us. He hasn´t closed his site to protect the modders, he has closed it to put pressure on us. That was a very childish move, mildly speaking... I quote: "U-Boot.RealSimulation.com is closed temporarily; it may go offline forever if X1 continues to rip off modders doing free community work. It's YOU to take action." Thank you sooooo much, Terrapin... :roll:

Very childish indeed..all he is doing is trying to serve his own ends and purpose and not that of the community.The true martyr in action :roll: :nope:.
As you say all hes done is work against them and harmed the community more than do it any good.

martes86
09-26-05, 10:07 AM
My list gets all messed up when the only links to some mods are the ones provided by Terrapin's place. That isn't good. I can't be changing links every day just because you want to protest. You won't harm X1 by disturbing the fellow players just because you can't do things yourself. Everybody supports the cause, but not everybody will support "solutions" like this. X1 ignores us. X1 only sells in german-speaking countries. We won't harm X1 this way. Think about it. :rock:

Mowgli
09-26-05, 11:36 AM
Now is a time for unity in our community.
We should use moderate language to each other and not start a flame war or division on the board.

If I have offended anyone with my posts, I apologise.

Someone who knows Terrapin should put forward some of the reasonable arguments about how his actions are not really good for the community I believe he cares about.

People who feel that he has over reacted should moderate their critisicm and recognise that he believes he is acting this way in our long term interests. If they believe he has another agenda then please give him the benefit of the doubt until otherwise proven.

oRGy
09-26-05, 02:37 PM
Terrapin provides a service which costs money for him, so any whingers should just shut it and leave the discussion, period.

CWorth
09-26-05, 03:07 PM
He threw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old..plain and simple.

What he was trying to accomplish was nothing more than a form of bullying and trying to coerce an action he wanted out of the modders.Either they took action against X1 or he would close his site or in in the words of Eric Cartman "Screw you guys,Im going home." type of attitude.

Even if he did shut down all that would happen is the modders would find other sites to host the mods.Terrapins site is a good one...yes.But it is not a big loss if it were closed.

vils
09-26-05, 03:21 PM
Even if he did shut down all that would happen is the modders would find other sites to host the mods.Terrapins site is a good one...yes.But it is not a big loss if it were closed.

Yes it is. Best sh3 site there is acually.. have you ever checked the download speed from him? i get no better transfer speed elswhere, and this rapidshare is a joke, can only take smaller mods unless you wanna wait forever. the 100mb+ mods isnt available elsewhere, atleast not for long..

I am surprised though that he adds X1 links on his frontpage, one could wonder if they have acually bribed him or something ..

Nico71
09-26-05, 04:00 PM
X1 bribed Terrapin? That's rich! I really don't get it why so many people here bash him! He did the community a great service, and it is up to him to decide what he does with his private webspace! Besides, the site is up again, just for those who didn't seem to recognize it! If you guys don't agree with his actions, you can voice your opinion, but please do it in a reasonable fashion. These conspiracy theories and constant bashing lead to nowhere.

Hartmann
09-26-05, 05:34 PM
I hope that x-1 software don´t fight against free sites that host free mods of the comunity for sell more copies of his stolen work.

this kind of company seems to play dirty in all things.

i

vils
09-26-05, 05:41 PM
X1 bribed Terrapin? That's rich! I really don't get it why so many people here bash him! He did the community a great service, and it is up to him to decide what he does with his private webspace! Besides, the site is up again, just for those who didn't seem to recognize it! If you guys don't agree with his actions, you can voice your opinion, but please do it in a reasonable fashion. These conspiracy theories and constant bashing lead to nowhere.

I wasnt beeign negative, acually im defending him. It was a mean joke.

Thanks Terrapin for putting your exellent site back up! Really! :up:

Wulfmann
09-26-05, 05:59 PM
Have to agree with Nico71 on this one, cut Terrapin a little slack please.
He has a great site and his frustration in the X-1 affair may have gotten the best of him, but he is one of the true gems of SH3 modders and deserves our thanks and respect.
Yes, we would survive without his site. But, that does not mean it is anything but the best download place for the SH3 mods.
This has always been my greatest fear that the negative aspect of this confrontation would cause self destructive events.
X-1 is a very brief unfortunate event and will be long gone while we are still enjoying this game. Unless, of course, we allow it to ruin our fun.

Wulfmann

joea
09-26-05, 06:48 PM
Well I for one like Terrapin's site too and find it invaluable...I feel sorry for him he obviously took it to heart but we all lose it at one time or another.

redstorm101
09-26-05, 06:49 PM
Have to agree with Nico71 on this one, cut Terrapin a little slack please.
He has a great site and his frustration in the X-1 affair may have gotten the best of him, but he is one of the true gems of SH3 modders and deserves our thanks and respect.
Yes, we would survive without his site. But, that does not mean it is anything but the best download place for the SH3 mods.
This has always been my greatest fear that the negative aspect of this confrontation would cause self destructive events.
X-1 is a very brief unfortunate event and will be long gone while we are still enjoying this game. Unless, of course, we allow it to ruin our fun.

Wulfmann

That mate,..... was well said........... :|\