PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Cdre Gibs
09-20-05, 08:21 PM
Well its been stated a few times now by several ppl.

A lot of the avatars suck.

Now the question is, why did Neal decide to use such ugly avatars and why 1 can't select their own ?

I for 1 would Never chose any of the avatars seen to date as my own personal avatar. If it was a question of space on the Forum server to host the Avatars surley to allow an off site link would fix this issue. If its a question about size, again a limit can (and usually is) be imposed . Or maybe it was a question about bad taste. I'm sure any of the admins can/could remove a persons Avatar if it was in bad taste.

I'm just very perplexed as to the avatars chosen and as to the lack for forum user's to customize their own avatars. Yes - some ppl are happy with their avatars and a few of the avatars are okish, but geeess, the rest look like they came straight from the Rocky Horror Show Ball !!! Hell they would be just dandy if ya name was Tim Curry !

Twelvefield
09-20-05, 08:31 PM
Neal, apparently (and justly) will take monetary donations to keep this forum running. A small donation, among other things, allows you to choose your own avatar. So, there's two solutions if you're tired of the Professor Ape hat: 1) pony up the $, or 2) pad your post count.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/133/10vsm8pm.jpg

PROFESSOR APE aka WARREN DeMONTAGUE

Cdre Gibs
09-20-05, 08:57 PM
U missed the point entierly, Its not just about my current avatar ( which I do freely admit is the worse of the lot ), Its about ALL the avatars belonging to ( imo ) the Gay Brigade. And the fact that as a Forum user, u cant customize something as small as a personal avatar !

Ok, if Neal wants to have a set of Avatars for ppl thats just fine, his right an all that, but why oh why choose such lame gay limp wristed nob heads to be the avatars ????????

zombiewolf
09-21-05, 12:00 AM
"Ok, if Neal wants to have a set of Avatars for ppl thats just fine, his right an all that, but why oh why choose such lame gay limp wristed nob heads to be the avatars ????????"
:|\ oh you silly savage.

welcome to the rageing queen, where men are men and thats just the way we like it.
R D RR :-j
:rotfl:
a non PC forum wow

gorilliamos
09-21-05, 12:22 AM
U missed the point entierly, Its not just about my current avatar ( which I do freely admit is the worse of the lot ), Its about ALL the avatars belonging to ( imo ) the Gay Brigade. And the fact that as a Forum user, u cant customize something as small as a personal avatar !

Ok, if Neal wants to have a set of Avatars for ppl thats just fine, his right an all that, but why oh why choose such lame gay limp wristed nob heads to be the avatars ????????

HAHAHA!!! So your whole point here is to say that you want a more manly avatar without paying. Am I right?

Cdre Gibs
09-21-05, 12:46 AM
No, my point is "Why did Neal choose such lame gay limp wristed nob heads to be the avatars". Instead of say Subs or some such. Hell just about anything else would have been better (almost).

Come on FFS, Popeye !!, A ganger (read between the lines)!! They are just so, well, Lame ! :(

Twelvefield
09-21-05, 02:30 AM
I see your point now. Boy, am I red with embarassment!

You didn't mean "lame", as in:

lame 1 (lm)
adj. lam·er, lam·est
1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.

You meant "LAME", as in:

la·mé (l-m)
n.
A brocaded fabric woven with metallic threads, often of gold or silver.

[French, spangled, laminated, lamé, from Old French lame, thin metal plate.]

I am so glad we understand each other!

Cdre Gibs
09-21-05, 02:41 AM
I see your point now. Boy, am I red with embarassment!

You dId mean "lame", as in:

lame 1 (lm)
adj. lam·er, lam·est
1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.

Corrected ur mistake, U hit it the first time.

Sawdust
09-21-05, 06:17 AM
Some of the avatars here are bad, but many are cool, and they are all better than animated avatars some people choose on lesser forums!

SmokinTep
09-21-05, 06:20 AM
I think they are alright. Makes you want to move up in rank...... :lol:

Egan
09-21-05, 06:32 AM

Well, your one sucks. I quite like mine, though.

Is the Gay Biker one still around?

Perhaps it is best to think of it as a rite of passage.

Cdre Gibs
09-21-05, 06:46 AM
Well Egan, sorry to say but I dont like yours either.
The guy looks like he's straining on the dunny or something.

This is what I am refering too, to me MOST of the avatars are Butt Ugly !

So why did Neal choose these, it beats the hell outa me.

Pants
09-21-05, 06:46 AM
mine looks as if he's a backing singer for the ' Village People '

well one of thier songs was called ' In the navy ' so it maybe appropriate .... :lol:

Type941
09-21-05, 09:29 AM
Something tells me you my friend, need a sense of humour! :up: YOu are taking the avatar thing way too seriously. they change often enough, and all of those for bigger post counts are rather ok, and I don't think there's anything ghey about them. Ok, the medic, navy dude, and the shore leave avatars are not your favourite, but take them as a joke. I'm sure you are secure enough about your own masculinity to live thorough something like a little avatar of a medic! :rotfl: :hmm: :rotfl:

Bar some photos, most avatars have the same style and give the forum a certain atmosphere.

However, I'm sure that Neal might appriciate you making may be 50 or so different avatars for the community that would all have similar style, etc, be it subamarine drawings or pizza topings. That's more productive than just complain, imo.

Cdre Gibs
09-21-05, 01:31 PM
Dont ever presume to know how I feel about anything, because u will always be wrong.

I'm more interested in Neal explaining about his reasons for the choice he made in selecting these avatars than ur backyard psyschiatry. I would be amused to hear his reasons. Hell they may even be ½ way reasonable !

And as for making 50plus avatars, do ya bloody own like any other normal forum ya cheeky sod!

Wolfram
09-21-05, 01:44 PM
So I take it from the anti crew that my current avatar is considered less than a man?

:hulk: none of you nay sayers recognize Das Boat either I take it? :x

Like the others said its a right of passage and a privilege to post not some constitutional mandate.

:arrgh!:

simsurfer
09-21-05, 05:36 PM
It sounds to me that Cdr Gibs needs a vacation. He must be from either London or California, gawd are those people uptight!!

Perhaps neal chose these avatars becuase they all have nautical themes and when given the right to choose avatars some people will abuse the right.

Some will not be happy the the size, others will be unhappy with the arangement, others will be unhappy about you name it??

They are what they are, deal.

Farside
09-21-05, 06:03 PM
Dont ever presume to know how I feel about anything, because u will always be wrong.

I'm more interested in Neal explaining about his reasons for the choice he made in selecting these avatars than ur backyard psyschiatry. I would be amused to hear his reasons. Hell they may even be ½ way reasonable !

And as for making 50plus avatars, do ya bloody own like any other normal forum ya cheeky sod!

mate if you dont like it.. heres what ya need to do:

1) Go to www.silenthunteriii.com and go to their forums... and dont come back here if your so bothered about the avatars

2) Shell out $5.. $10 and get your own avatar put in instead and also have access to all the bonus mods etc

3) take it up persoanlly with Neal, Via PM because i think there is a minority here that cares how the avatars look, because they know if the dis-like them all they have to do is post more..

Deal with it.

BladeHeart
09-21-05, 07:55 PM
simsurfer wroteHe must be from either London or California, gawd are those people uptight!!

Sorry pal, he's definately from your side of the pond. ;)

But you do have my sympathy. :)
Now shall we start a sweep as to how long it takes him to bite? :rotfl:

:lurk:

Wolfram
09-21-05, 08:08 PM

Chief you suggesting depth charging him till he surfaces? ;)

Appropriate

zombiewolf
09-21-05, 08:35 PM
:|\ I'm from So. Calif. and you know how uptight and unlaidback we are :|\
I yam wud I yam.
Popeye the sailorman toot toot :arrgh!:

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 04:20 AM
So I take it from the anti crew that my current avatar is considered less than a man?

No - more like an embarrasment. I mean look at it, damn twit looks like hes on drugs.

none of you nay sayers recognize Das Boat either I take it?

Never found anything remarkable about Das Boot, in fact I found it rather dull and boarish.

Like the others said its a right of passage and a privilege to post not some constitutional mandate.

What a load of horse****!

mog
09-22-05, 04:26 AM
If the avatars weren't gay, there would be less incentive to make a donation.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 04:27 AM
It sounds to me that Cdr Gibs needs a vacation. He must be from either London or California, gawd are those people uptight!!

Wrong on both counts, mind u tho, no amount of money on this earth could ever induce me to live in the USA. Hell if I was a yank I'd do the world a favour and shoot myself.

Perhaps neal chose these avatars becuase they all have nautical themes and when given the right to choose avatars some people will abuse the right.

I concour that some may indeed abuse that right, and I can see the theme behind the Avatars. It still dont explain the reason for the chioce of what to me at least look like a night out at ur local gay bar. But if u like that sorta thing go for it.

Some will not be happy the the size, others will be unhappy with the arangement, others will be unhappy about you name it??

They are what they are, deal.

U can, I choose to make my feelings know. Each to their own.

Happy Times
09-22-05, 04:55 AM

No - more like an embarrasment. I mean look at it, damn twit looks like hes on drugs.

none of you nay sayers recognize Das Boat either I take it?

Never found anything remarkable about Das Boot, in fact I found it rather dull and boarish.

What a load of horse****! Is this some role you play here or are you the same in real life?Do you have any friends,gf or a job? :huh:

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 04:58 AM
mate if you dont like it.. heres what ya need to do:

1) Go to www.silenthunteriii.com and go to their forums... and dont come back here if your so bothered about the avatars

I have an idea for u. Dont give up ya day job (if u have 1 that is) because as a witty comedian ur sorely lacking.

2) Shell out $5.. $10 and get your own avatar put in instead and also have access to all the bonus mods etc

U have no idea how much it costs to Tx money from 1 country to another, more so when 1 of those countries has a lower valued dollar, do u. To Tx say $10US is not worth the cost to do so.

As for the bonus MOD's, I make my own, PLUS its illeagal to extort money via any means to control the access to FREE mods by any1. There is nothing wrong with asking for a donation, but there surely is with using it as a means of controlling any1's access to whats is by its very nature NOT allow to make profit from, ie MOD's.

3) take it up persoanlly with Neal, Via PM because i think there is a minority here that cares how the avatars look, because they know if the dis-like them all they have to do is post more..

Deal with it.

I was hoping for an intelligent discussion on the choice Neal made, I see that I was sadly mistaken. I see no relevance as to the why for 's or the maybe's behind Neals choice. All I see is typical snotty nosed replys all following the party line and trying to be smatarsed and failing miserably.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 05:02 AM
Sorry pal, he's definately from your side of the pond. ;)

Wrong.

At this stage I havent been angry, mad, upset, Biting. Just perplex.

If I was to "Bite" believe me u would know about it in very short order.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 05:04 AM
Chief you suggesting depth charging him till he surfaces? ;)

Appropriate

Fire at will, I hope u brought ya PFD.

mog
09-22-05, 05:04 AM

U have no idea how much it costs to Tx money from 1 country to another, more so when 1 of those countries has a lower valued dollar, do u. To Tx say $10US is not worth the cost to do so.

As for the bonus MOD's, I make my own, PLUS its illeagal to extort money via any means to control the access to FREE mods by any1. There is nothing wrong with asking for a donation, but there surely is with using it as a means of controlling any1's access to whats is by its very nature NOT allow to make profit from, ie MOD's.
Or course Neal has the modders' permission. Mods aren't free; they require someone to pay for hosting, so it's perfectly reasonable to restrict access to some of them in order to recover a fraction of your losses.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 07:21 AM
Of course Neal has the modders' permission. Mods aren't free; they require someone to pay for hosting, so it's perfectly reasonable to restrict access to some of them in order to recover a fraction of your losses.

Totaly and utterly incorrect dribble. Read ur EUAL enclosed in Any Game.

Yes Neal has the right to ASK for donations, He does NOT have the right to make conditions to access any MOD via the means of a monetary gain. Its the Bane of all Modders, the cost to Host their mod. This is why many sites have Add's as well as a link asking for Donations, but to stipulate that in order to obtain any MOD u have to part with money disgused as a donation is borderline extortion.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 07:29 AM
Well what can I say. U have all behave exactly as desired. The whole point of this thread was to speed up my post count to get past that lame arsed avatar. So i needed a bunch of gullable sheep to all line up and Baaahhhh off about the usual crap. Its so easy to manipulate ur all. Just throw out a different point of view to the rest of the sheep and the twits will line up in droves, allowing me to dribble on about any damn thing I like.

So THX :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mog
09-22-05, 08:08 AM
If you're vain enough to care about what your avatar looks like, then shouldn't you be concerned that you've shown yourself to be a complete wanker to the very people who see that avatar?

Totaly and utterly incorrect dribble. Read ur EUAL enclosed in Any Game.

Yes Neal has the right to ASK for donations, He does NOT have the right to make conditions to access any MOD via the means of a monetary gain. Its the Bane of all Modders, the cost to Host their mod. This is why many sites have Add's as well as a link asking for Donations, but to stipulate that in order to obtain any MOD u have to part with money disgused as a donation is borderline extortion.

It's a moot point, since according to the EULA no modding is permitted in the first place.

Cdre Gibs
09-22-05, 08:33 AM
If you're vain enough to care about what your avatar looks like, then shouldn't you be concerned that you've shown yourself to be a complete wanker to the very people who see that avatar?

DILLIGAF !

Kapitan
09-22-05, 08:41 AM
whats dilligaf ?

Wolfram
09-22-05, 09:13 AM
:rotfl:

At first I got po'd. Then I realized it was either a ploy to generate a flamer thread, someone that was :-j or an individual with some severe issues other than a simple game.

Might either consider abandoning ship mister or slapping yourself on the back for getting some of us to fall into this ruse. :know:

Gizzmoe
09-22-05, 09:40 AM
whats dilligaf ?

"Do I look like I give a f*ck!"

Gibs doesn´t know how to behave, it´s best to ignore him.

simsurfer
09-22-05, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately You have failed...

"The whole point of this thread was to speed up my post count to get past that lame arsed avatar."

You see, you Still Look like an idiot, and your own writings prove that point. Enjoy your stay here at subsim, youve made a lot of friends :down:

BladeHeart
09-22-05, 12:48 PM
Kiddy Gibs, the puppy, yapping and threatening to really bite!!! :lol:

Not only does this individual deny his nationality he also comes up with lame excuses. "Only created this thread to up his post count"; our responses do nothing towards his post count, just our own. :rotfl:

Kiddy Gibs, here's what you do. :know:

Go and create a thread and keep posting to it to your heart's content; like the rest of the adults here I suspect you are rather adapt at playing with yourself. :up:

I normally don't go in for these kind of threads, but this Gibs baiting is entertaining, given that it is of his own perpetuation. :)

Crash Dive
09-22-05, 01:02 PM
Its funny considering he got rid of the Medic and now he's the gay biker dude.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

chaos
09-22-05, 02:01 PM
can a mod please close this pointless thread :damn:

Crow
09-22-05, 02:19 PM
don't be surprised when your avatar will look something like this

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/uploads/pics/rundumsbad_oblic_01.jpg

SUBMAN1
09-22-05, 02:49 PM
Am I really seeing all this effort go into Avatars? Man, there are more subtle appraches to racking up your posts!

-S

WutWuzDat
09-22-05, 06:02 PM
Don't mind mine at all :D

Beery
10-03-05, 11:18 PM

No, it's worse. He's a Briton who went to live in Australia. In my experience those folks tend to have a HUGE chip on their shoulder. Cdr Gibs needs much more than a vacation.

BladeHeart
10-04-05, 02:04 AM
Beery wroteHe's a Briton who went to live in Australia.

Please tell me that he is not first generation, and that you were referring to the colonial times. :roll:

From his purile outbursts, I genuinely thought the kiddy was just that, and not someone who who had grown beyond puberty. ;)

Here Kiddy Gibs, Kiddy Gibs, come on out to play. :gulp:

Dead Mans Hand
10-06-05, 07:19 PM
I wish I'd known this before I'd made a poker reference in the handle...

No idea what my avatar is yet... que sara sara...

Dead Mans Hand
10-06-05, 07:20 PM
:huh:
... I don't even want to hear it ...