PDA

View Full Version : IXB bug

Rytter
09-19-05, 02:24 PM
Every time I sail a IXB or the above models, the lights in the command central, turn on and off at about 3 sec. intervals, the light dosen't disapper, but the lightbulb goes out, then comes back on, the same when you rig for red. Is it just me or...?

Gammel
09-19-05, 04:37 PM
Hi Rytter,

type IXB skipper here too.
Everything ok with the interior lighting, she´s a good boat. :yep: :-j
Perhaps you should change the bulb or some fuses. Call for the CE!

But seriously...
are you using any mods?
what type is your graphic card?
is the error visible only in the type9 sub?
You´re not under attack or too deep, arent you?

Please excuse my english

Rytter
09-20-05, 09:17 AM
I'm using a couple of mods, but the error was there before I installed them. And yes, it is only the type9 sub it is in, a VIIB or C, IIA or a XXI the light is allright.

My graphic card is a GeForce TI 4200.

And it dosen't matter if I'm under attack or just cruising the seas. It's always there.

http://www.airsoftzone.dk/asz_pics/SH3Img@20-9-2005_16.11.52_300.JPG

As you can see one of the bulbs is still on, but that is because the intervals isn't synchronized.

thecaptain
09-20-05, 09:46 AM
It's a known bug. Been there since the beginning. Unfortunately, there's no way around it that I know of.

Syxx_Killer
09-20-05, 10:23 AM
Everytime I see a post like this, I think it has to be the vide cards. I have never had this happen with me. My lights all work ok. I am using a Radeon RX700-Pro 256MB PCI-EX card. I've looked all aound the control room and my lights all work.

oRGy
09-20-05, 12:17 PM
Happens to me too - on a GF6600, latest drivers.

Guess I'll just have to upgrade to a bigger boat.

CB..
09-20-05, 03:08 PM
i have the same issue--there is a work round- not exactly what you would call historically accurate :-j

BUT;

go to your data/submarine folders

open the type 9 CFG files (with notepad)

and you'll see this entry at the top;;

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeIXB
HumanPlayable=YES
Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat9/NSS_Uboat9
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=18.2
MaxSpeedSubmerged=7.3
Length=76.9
Width=6
RenownAwarded=140

the important bit to note for this work round is here

Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat9/NSS_Uboat9

the interior model file path

you can happily change this to what ever sub interior you like--

for example as the type XXI is rarely used realistically speaking in the game you can use this interior for the type 9's

by changing the interior entry to this

Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat21/NSS_Uboat21

it's not accurate of course but the type XX1 is not maddenly different from the type 9's

this does not in any way alter the boats performance or exterior or load out bridge view crew model behaviour etc etc etc--

it simply tells the game to use the type XXi interior model file on the type 9's

that blinking light gets too much after any period of time-- you could use the type 7 or even if you wanted the type II's lol