PDA

View Full Version : im moving hopefully

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:02 PM
im moving hopefully not anytime soon but in about 5 to 10 years time now i got a split choice america or switserland.

ive been to switzerland and seen the nice open areas and the country side ect ect but i havnt been to america

id like to see new york and florida and possibly san fran

any one got any good advice ideas links views ect ect or even other places

regards

martes86
09-18-05, 02:05 PM
Ohh, you have years to decide where to go. :o

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:06 PM
yeah but i want an idea now

Type941
09-18-05, 02:09 PM
with hindsight into foreing politics and future, I'd say the ever neutral Switzerland is a much much better bet.

But in US even the poor can live good, while in Switzerland you'd have to be more or less well off to live good. If you can - go to Switzerland. It's also still in Europe. You can always visit USA on vacations, and such.

5-10 years - lol, I don't know where i will be in 1 year!

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:12 PM
forward planning my friend

martes86
09-18-05, 02:38 PM
Quite forwarded, yep. :D
I would recommend you Switzerland too. Rather near, and a neutral and calm country (or so it seems). :D

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:40 PM
might have to take another hunt round there

Skybird
09-18-05, 03:30 PM
Switzerland is more capitalist and materialistic than even America :-j . We have a famous joke here, it goes like this:

God is in full gear to create Earth and life and all, and it is the time that he finished the work on his first Swiss. The Swiss is ready for action and waits to be released, and God thinks: that'S a magnificent piece of work; and he asks the Swiss: "Well, is there anything that I can do for you to make your life happy?" "Yes", sais the Swiss, "give me mountains and an alp (Alm)". "Okeydokey, so be it", sais God, et voila - there are the Alpes and an alp, and God asks: "Like it?" The Swiss nods and sais "Yes, very nice." "Anything else that you want ?" "Hm, some cows with bells would be nice." "Ah, no problem, there they come!" sais God, and bang - there are the cows, with bells around their necks. And the Swiss is almost crazy by joy and starts milking them, and it is wonderful, pure milk, and lots of it. "Do you want to taste this milk, God?" the Swiss asks. God smiles and sais: "Gladly!" and the Swiss gets a glass and fills in some milk, very precisely 0.2 litres, and gives it to God. and God drinks it and smiles and sais: "Yes, that is nice, you have wonderful mountains and wonderful cows, and they give wonderful milk, and I must say, the milk really tastes delicious. Now, tell me, are you happy or do you want anything else from me?" The Swiss opens his hand and sais: "Yes, that is 1 franc 50 for the milk."

Kapitan
09-18-05, 03:43 PM
lol thats good tight as a ducks arse

Polak
09-18-05, 03:43 PM
No plans on moving back to russia my friend ? :)

Kapitan
09-18-05, 03:47 PM
no not realy i like space and freedom of movement i got it in england but i always get the next door naighbors breathing down my neck so you know

i want some where that i can be like 2 3 miles door to door (feel sorry for the paper boy and post man) and i want a nice bit of land

odd thing is i can afford it but its just time

as for russia erm no the places are to expencive in the city and im not mooving to sibirea

Polak
09-18-05, 04:00 PM
Hehe you're right, siberia doesn't feel so attractive :lol:
I'm in a situation where I want to move back to Poland but my biggest concern is to find a job...

martes86
09-18-05, 04:01 PM
Switzerland is more capitalist and materialistic than even America :-j . We have a famous joke here, it goes like this:

God is in full gear to create Earth and life and all, and it is the time that he finished the work on his first Swiss. The Swiss is ready for action and waits to be released, and God thinks: that'S a magnificent piece of work; and he asks the Swiss: "Well, is there anything that I can do for you to make your life happy?" "Yes", sais the Swiss, "give me mountains and an alp (Alm)". "Okeydokey, so be it", sais God, et voila - there are the Alpes and an alp, and God asks: "Like it?" The Swiss nods and sais "Yes, very nice." "Anything else that you want ?" "Hm, some cows with bells would be nice." "Ah, no problem, there they come!" sais God, and bang - there are the cows, with bells around their necks. And the Swiss is almost crazy by joy and starts milking them, and it is wonderful, pure milk, and lots of it. "Do you want to taste this milk, God?" the Swiss asks. God smiles and sais: "Gladly!" and the Swiss gets a glass and fills in some milk, very precisely 0.2 litres, and gives it to God. and God drinks it and smiles and sais: "Yes, that is nice, you have wonderful mountains and wonderful cows, and they give wonderful milk, and I must say, the milk really tastes delicious. Now, tell me, are you happy or do you want anything else from me?" The Swiss opens his hand and sais: "Yes, that is 1 franc 50 for the milk."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 04:12 PM
same as mine i want to go in the navy but switzerland is land locked but hey i will do it one day

Type941
09-18-05, 04:21 PM
same as mine i want to go in the navy but switzerland is land locked but hey i will do it one day

they have lakes.. and stuff. :rotfl:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 04:39 PM
yeah but not enought to sail a cruise ship or submarine on :up: