PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to retire...

Carcassonne
09-13-05, 12:40 PM
All,

I bid you all a farewell. I'm shelving SHIII and have made a decision to retire until SHIV.

To all those who have helped me, I sincerely thank you. For those I attempted to help, I hope all your patrols will be plentiful and successful.

Therefore a fond farewell until the Spring '06.

Gizzmoe
09-13-05, 12:45 PM
:huh:

What happened? SH3 overdose? :) See you in 2006, have a great time until then!

SmokinTep
09-13-05, 01:15 PM
He'll be back......... :yep:

FAdmiral
09-13-05, 01:41 PM
Its called sub simulation burnout. He needs to play some other
games to get over it....

JIM

ReM
09-13-05, 02:01 PM
I had that too:

Just before my vacation a month ago I decided to give SHIII a little rest.
I ended up playing -and enjoying- Rome Total War, some Call of Duty and even some sporting games....I had hardly touched any other game since buying SHIII: I even recall putting AoD and SHII to rest only to come back some time later.

And guess what.....here I am again off the coast of Ireland chasing ships again......

Must've been war fatigue but after a nice shore leave I'm ready to go :rock:

Immacolata
09-13-05, 02:12 PM
Its called sub simulation burnout. He needs to play some other
games to get over it....

JIM

Or maybe it is sub game burnout, and he is still looking for the simulation? Ok being harsh here... but I shelved SH3 way before I burnt out on it. It is a terrible pun to play, but IMO SH3 was a shallow simulation :roll: Unfortunately the only real sub sim out there now is DW, and that is simply too complicated for my palate. So SH4 I hope will be a better sim. Can't get any more sexy than SH3 I think, we just need more Sim in that.

america person
09-13-05, 03:00 PM
si ehre a 4 whats this about 06?

Kapitan
09-13-05, 03:54 PM
what subsim burn out im playing dangerous waters all this time and i aint experianced it :o is there something wrong with me ?

Carcassonne
09-13-05, 04:36 PM
Sub burnout? Yes. Am I still enthralled with subs? Yes. I simply need a long furlough I suppose.

I suppose until SH4 comes about I'll dream of what IV will bring...the comparisons of III and IV. I feel as if my mojo has been taken, I want the desire, but it just isnt' there. Am I to believe war has taken it's toll? Perhaps a desk job will give me some time to crave the weeks on end at sea.

gdogghenrikson
09-13-05, 05:09 PM
He'll be back......... :yep:

Indeeed!

Dr. Trespasser
09-13-05, 09:25 PM
I did the same thing ReM. I got SHIII imediately after it came out and played it nonstop for a while. I finally got tired of waiting for patches, mods and fixes and retired to re-play some Far Cry, then went insane on Battlefield 2. After a short vacation from all games and clensing the spirit of all addictions I reinstalled SHIII with the newest RUB mod. I'm currently on patrol 8 of the best career I've ever played. Its strange how old things come back so strong.

panthercules
09-13-05, 10:25 PM
There was probably a good reason they gave u-boat crews such (realatively) long shore leaves between patrols, beyond just the downtime required to refit the subs - I'm sure it helped them regenerate their enthusiasm for going back aboard those boats. I suppose it's a testament to how good a sub sim SH3 is that it could induce such a need for a break in some of its players :know:

I know my SH3 kaleun is currently on extended leave from his usual duty piloting Bf-110s with the Zerstorergruppen from IL-2/FB/AEP/PF but will probably be returning to his duties there at the first sign of excessive sub fatigue :)

The Avon Lady
09-14-05, 02:19 AM
Join and SH3 team or squad. I did. Just click on my sig's banner. The role-playing atmosphere has only improved greatly.

It's late October, 1941. I've got some more shopping to do in Paris before returning to some BdU staff meetings back in Brest to discuss our next patrol in December.

Au revoir! Er............ I mean................ auf wiedersehen!