PDA

View Full Version : Plotting Targets/Intercepts Using RUB 1.43?

Enfilade
09-12-05, 09:15 PM
Having recently installed RUB and now playing 100% realism (no map icons), am wondering where to find/use the Realistic Plotting mod tool incorporated with the mod. Pre-RUB, I was using 3 Minute Rule to get target speed, course,etc. Is there a bearing overlay tool in RUB somewhere ..and any help on how to use on the Nav map? Or is there another recommended bearing tool mod that doesn't clash with RUB?

On another topic, could someone PLEASE explain (precisely as I am phobic about messing with cfg files) how to change deck gun settings so I can use them in stronger winds/rain? To those who have changed these settings, what ones do you play at?

Thanks if you can help with above.

Enfilade
09-12-05, 10:35 PM
Don't everybody speak up at once..... :)

Kalach
09-12-05, 10:51 PM
I don't put too much effort into intercepting targets. If its on the hydrophones I just get out my marker and connect the dots.

If I spot it on the surface I also require the protractor and ruler.

Basicly I work out roughly where it's going and get there before it does :know:

Enfilade
09-13-05, 12:34 AM
Sure. Sometimes I do that too. Normally, I use Fast 90 targeting to get ahead of my target and line up on a perpindicular course. When that's not possible, I eyeball it. But taking a couple of bearings, marking them on the nav map, etc is a great way to determine target speed, course etc. It also 'feels' more realistic. Easy, pre-RUB, using map icons. Not now. So my first question concerned how to use the tools apparently provided for this task. So far, no answers on either the bearing mod or on the deck gun stuff. Guess I'll sit back and hope or post on the SHIII forum..

the_rydster
09-13-05, 04:03 AM
Read this: Wazzo's tutorial (http://www.paulwasserman.net/SHIII/) and this: Community intercepting Manual (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Intercepting_Targets)

Hope that helps!