PDA

View Full Version : Looking an old Comic about a U-Boat.

ICBM
09-11-05, 12:08 PM
Yes, a comic. Many years back (SH1/Das Boot erea) I stumbled on a rare comic book (single release I believe) about a U-boat in the Atlantic. I don't quite remember what the main story was about but I do remember that it was a good one, and most noticeably the ending, wich made me feel like I had been slapped in the face, twice.

(I need to spoil the ending for clarity)

The ending was a bad one gentlemen, no Hollywood B.S. but a destroyed U-boat sinking after being DC'ed. Rather then being crushed to death the remaining crew uses the Luger on themselves, one at a time. When everyone is dead the Kaleun then also puts the Luger to his head just before he hears the U-Boat collapse by the waterpressure..

Quite dramatic, I still see the pictures before my eyes when I think about it. Does anyone know what comic I'm talking about? As a desktop Kaleun I would really like to read it again.

Holy crap, what is this new Avatar picture?!

turbidite
09-11-05, 03:34 PM
It might be this one :

http://www.coinbd.com/bd/albums/resume/1304/kaleunt/kaleunt.html

(page is in french because the comic is in french as well). There is a sample from it so you can check if it matches your memory.

Title : Kaleunt
Author : Dimitri
Editor : L'Echo des Savanes

Kalach
09-11-05, 06:29 PM
Holy crap, what is this new Avatar picture?!

You didn't complain about having the medic did you? That's usauly what it is (though I thought medic was 160posts or so?)

Kalach
09-11-05, 07:05 PM
PS do you have spies watching me? :o
I'm just about to post a project I'm working on. I'll name it 'U-101's story/comic'. Take a look :yep:

ICBM
09-12-05, 10:09 AM
It might be this one :

http://www.coinbd.com/bd/albums/resume/1304/kaleunt/kaleunt.html

(page is in french because the comic is in french as well). There is a sample from it so you can check if it matches your memory.

Title : Kaleunt
Author : Dimitri
Editor : L'Echo des Savanes

Oh my.. yes that's the one. :huh: I knew it as soon as I saw the cover:

http://www.coinbd.com/images/couvertures/kaleunt_t0.jpg
Great to see it again, thx a lot mate. :up:

*Discription: (used Babelfish for translation so it might be a bit crappy)
'Second World war. In the full Atlantic, Kapitan-Leutnant (Kaleunt) and its crew furrow the sea, in their submarine, while waiting to locate a prey.

After some attacks and shivers, U-boat returns at the base, posting its table of hunting proudly.
But the war invites these men to take again the broad one quickly, and pushes the submarine towards its destiny...' (man, this sounds just like my last patroll..)

*Review:
' The first "surprising" aspect of this comic it is its narrative point of view since during WW2 we follow the German troops. The heroes are the captain of a submarine and his men of crew, who pass their life in the depths...

The drawings agree magnificiently well with the history, and the atmosphere of this data base is enough to justify the reading of it. It is a heavy, glaucous environment and throughout the progression in the history, one feels that it will occur something... It is very well told and one is made take, the reader becomes actor, one is absorbed by the boards and one has really the impression to also sail us in it under sailor, with these soldiers.

Really it is a very good comic, and without any doubt one of best on the subject.' (no kidding, what other comics are about U-Boats?)

Okeee...next problem, how to get it, now I want it even more. Let's hope they make reprints or someone has one who wants to sell it.. :hmm:
(btw, why do they call Kaleun 'Kaleunt'? Is that how is should be written?)

Gizzmoe
09-12-05, 10:27 AM
(btw, why do they call Kaleun 'Kaleunt'? Is that how is should be written?)

There are several valid abbreviations for "Kapitänleutnant": "Kaleu", "Kaleun" and "Kaleunt".