PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a WW2 surface game

ShadowMech
09-11-05, 06:52 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for other naval warfare games with MP askpect to play with the team I'm with. I've heard of fighting steel somewhat and looking for more information on it. Yes we are imaptiently waiting KOS as that looks wodnerful.

If anyone would have nay information at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

S.M.

Hellcat
09-11-05, 01:31 PM
Fighting Steel is still a first rate simulation of surface warfare, however there's a few gripes I have with the software. (mostly the locked in game resolution) That aside its an excellent sim for large scale world war 2 naval combat.

Please check out the forums on the naval warfare site, google it.

FAdmiral
09-12-05, 09:54 AM
Destroyer Command with all its mods is not bad either....

JIM

ChristopherT
09-17-05, 10:03 AM
Fighting Steel is still a first rate simulation of surface warfare, however there's a few gripes I have with the software. (mostly the locked in game resolution) That aside its an excellent sim for large scale world war 2 naval combat.

Please check out the forums on the site below, they are also the developer of patches that greatly enhance Fighting Steel.

linky http://www.navalwarfare.org/~content/index.html

Hi Hellcat! I was recently given a copy of Fighting Steel and I was very
impressed with it after GNB1-4. It's a good beer and pretzels kind of
combat simulation. Easy to learn, easy to get running, but really good on
the battlefield. I especially like the scenario editor, the focus on surface
battles and night missions vs the Japanese! I don't like the lack of land
for some of the battles, but that's okay. I tried the patch for the Fighting Steel Project but my system specs aren't up to that.

Christopher

Hellcat
09-18-05, 03:23 PM
Thats really too bad ChristopherT, those patches really address some of the abstractions in the gunnery of the retail verison of the game. I would say it exceeds the beer and pretzels level after those patches. Though I have not played a round since the V8 release of FSP.