PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

johntkelly
09-06-05, 12:13 PM
I work full time and go to business school part-time.
I'm also married.
Oh, and I keep telling my husband that a submarine is no place to raise kids and anyway, it's not safe to bring children into the world while there's still an armada of Fiji's, frigates and C Class DDs out there.

Am I over-doing it?

:hmm:

How much time per week does the average SHIII'er spend at the helm?

HundertzehnGustav
09-06-05, 12:23 PM
like...4 playing 2 painting 1 playing with various CFG and DAT files and too much browsing the web :D

von Buelow
09-06-05, 03:02 PM
Well, I'd say no, except now that your online here at subsim and posting, that tipped the scales :yep: over you go!

MONOLITH
09-06-05, 03:32 PM
From a long time gamer.....

A good rule of thumb, is if the issue even comes up, and has to be asked, you've gone overboard.

Gaming is what I do, in lieu of golf, hunting, fishing, or any of that other goofy stuff. So I do a lot of gaming.

But at the end of the day, one needs to remember that it is in fact just a game, and just a hobby.

Don't let real life take a back seat.

urseus
09-06-05, 05:51 PM
Of all the games, THIS is the least likly id expect a girl to play.

Detritus
09-06-05, 06:35 PM
I'm with Monolith: if you start wondering about your game time vs. real life issues, it might be a good idea to take a break. Just for a while, to get your bearings straight again :P When SH3 came out, wild horses couldn't drag me away from it. Now, I'm having bit difficulties when trying to kill a storm, for example. Takes only a couple of hours, maybe, but the message is clearl: time to give it a rest, buddy, you're overdoing it.

johntkelly
09-07-05, 05:40 AM
Why's that urseus?

You think only men like to play with long, hard objects full of seamen?

Happy Times
09-07-05, 05:42 AM
Why's that urseus?

You think only men like to play with long, hard objects full of seamen? :rotfl:

SmokinTep
09-07-05, 05:43 AM
My family and chores always come first.

HundertzehnGustav
09-07-05, 05:46 AM
Why's that urseus?

OMG... get some fresh air Son...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

kiwi_2005
09-07-05, 05:50 AM
welling going on patrol is like 30 days of hell give your man all the support he needs cos remeber this one day he might go on patrol and never come home :lol:

Hotwire
09-07-05, 08:33 AM
Why's that urseus?

I'm honestly suprised it took me that long to see this joke...'surface'

von Buelow
09-07-05, 09:38 AM
I'm honestly suprised it took me that long to see this joke...'surface'

Lemme guess, there's gonna be a lot of FLAK from that comment!

stratege
09-07-05, 09:46 AM
Well, I would say you are spending to much time if you end up shouting "DIVE CRASH< BATTLE STATION" every time your phone rang .....

johntkelly
09-07-05, 02:03 PM
while we're on the subject of women and our general hopelessness..

how do i find out my system specifications, graphics and audio cards and all that good stuff?

:oops:

Detritus
09-07-05, 02:30 PM
You can start by running dxdiag.
1. Click 'start' at lower left
2. click 'Run' and type dxdiag in the boxc and hit 'enter'
You should be able to find pretty much everything there.

John Channing
09-07-05, 03:01 PM
Or...

Start >>> Settings >>> Control Panel >>>

Double click the "System" icon.

On the first box you see at the top you will see what Operating System you are using (ie Windows XP) and at the bottom you will get a summary of your Processor and the amount of RAM you have.

JCC

kiwi_2005
09-07-05, 04:17 PM
Better still. DL the SISoft Sandra Professional 2005 demo version this cool ultilty will tell you everything about your computers hardware right down to the bits and pieces you probably didn't even know existed. It will also find what needs to be updated, will give you tips on what performs better with your motherboard etc., very good tool to have. The demo doesn't run out either, your just have to put up with the adds until you buy the full version. It helps me once by stating i had bad ram chips so i replaced them and it solved the problem.

flyingdane
09-07-05, 10:22 PM
Keep us guessing" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/flyingdane/thscared11.gif

Patboot
09-07-05, 10:44 PM
Sell the house.
Sell the car.
Sell the kids.

You're never going back.

Syline
09-07-05, 11:06 PM
Of all the games, THIS is the least likly id expect a girl to play.

There are more women playing SH3 than you think. ;)
I've been reading these forums for a while now, I just never post. :P

kiwi_2005
09-08-05, 12:10 AM
Yeah dont girls play that SIMS! :lol:

toryu
09-08-05, 01:48 PM
Sell the house.
Sell the car.
Sell the kids.

You're never going back.

Your mission is to proceed up the Nung River in a Navy patrol boat. Pick up Colonel Kurtz's path at Nu Mung Ba, follow it and learn what you can along the way. When you find the Colonel, infiltrate his team by whatever means available and terminate the Colonel's command.

Bit hard to do in a U-boat though...

caspofungin
09-08-05, 05:24 PM
don't get out of the "boot".