PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Mission?

ridgewayranger
08-18-05, 04:23 PM
Hi All,
Getting p****d off with long transits in career mode, I took a break and went after Warspite in Single missions. I hit her 4 times and she rolled over, so I hit her 4 more times. Mission is incomplete because she has not sunk. I dive to take a look and find she is sitting on the bottom. Are we being jerked or are we???
:hulk:

Carcassonne
08-18-05, 04:33 PM
Mate, it's time to exit the game, take a breather and then come back in a day or two. Perhaps watch Das Boot or read Iron Coffins.

:up:

Personally I just started my second career and I'm refusing BDU's orders to patrol a given grid...I go where I please, the prime hunting grounds in AM51/52.

It's March of '41 right now and I'm at 14,000 renown :smug:

I would have much more renown, but hey there's no price you can place on freedom. :D

08-18-05, 07:36 PM
I MIGHT have that problem too. I've put two fish into her side and she keeled ever since they hit, but I got chased away by a destroyer so I didn't get to see any more.

August
08-18-05, 09:57 PM
Maybe you have to break her back. Try setting the fish to a half meter below her keel on magnetic.

ridgewayranger
08-18-05, 10:01 PM
I don't think so, underwater she can clearly be seen lying on her side on the bottom, you have to close in to see it but it's there. The water depth also checks out. :hulk:

_alphaBeta_
08-18-05, 10:24 PM
This is the mission that takes place in shallow water, right? That sometimes plays a role since the ship is still somewhat out of the water.

As for the long transit times, there's a lot of things you can do to keep yourself busy while still in earshot of the game. Half the time I'll take a break and just watch the U-Boat cut through the waves. I never get tired of the effects in this game. Or do some cleaning etc. I usually get more done around the house when I'm playing this game than not playing.

Kpt. Lehmann
08-19-05, 12:16 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: AlphaBeta... me too! I read, clean, listen to music, or just sit and talk with my Golden Retriever and Black Lab... (they are smarter than most people lol)

I love 1x compression sailing.