PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETLY AND UTTERLY STRANGE PATROL

gorilliamos
08-17-05, 11:54 PM
So...... I'm sailing around out in the middle of the ocean, sunk a couple of freighters, looking for more..... when all of a sudden a flying saucer shoots out belief in the final victory brain wash rays at me and the crew......

BUG or FEATURE?

Bonfleck
08-18-05, 12:27 AM
Sweet, you got any screen shots?

Dowly
08-18-05, 05:57 AM
Lol, I though I saw a UFO in the game yesterday.

It was storm, fog heavy, raining and 15m/s winds. I went to the conning tower and saw a very bright light coming out of the clouds. It really looked like UFO or something, but it was the sun. It stayed there for about 2-4 seconds, just when I was about to take screenshot it disappeared. :damn:

Stymnus
08-18-05, 09:17 AM
Lol, I though I saw a UFO in the game yesterday.

It was storm, fog heavy, raining and 15m/s winds. I went to the conning tower and saw a very bright light coming out of the clouds. It really looked like UFO or something, but it was the sun. It stayed there for about 2-4 seconds, just when I was about to take screenshot it disappeared. :damn:

I think the sun AND moon make a brief appearance until the game figures out the clouds would cover them. I honestly wish the game would do the same for the lighthouses, but that's a minor gripe :)

Unfortunately, if the game just didn't put the sun/moon up there when it's overcast, the lighting wouldn't be right.

Twelvefield
08-18-05, 12:43 PM
Off topic, but there was a scene in the Simpsons where the clouds drift behind the moon one eerie night... that kind of stuff drives me mad.

Another was in a game called Star Trek Fleet Command II, I believe. Kind of fun, but very, very buggy. At one point, I have an Enterprise type spacecraft, and I am coming up on the big space station at Earth. The sun is about to come up, and so I think I will try to re-create the scene where there's the corona of the morning sun blazing above the curvature of the planet just as the ship manuevers around the space station. Well, as I do that, I notice that the shadows are all on the side of all the objects facing the sun. The sun: the single most brilliant object in our solar system! That bugged me so much, that I still feel the need to bring that up, even now.

Damo1977
08-19-05, 03:21 AM
gorilliamos is correct there are UFOs in SH3........ I have seem them

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9195/iwantbelieve8zw.th.jpg (http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iwantbelieve8zw.jpg)

Seminole
08-19-05, 08:45 AM
So...... I'm sailing around out in the middle of the ocean, sunk a couple of freighters, looking for more..... when all of a sudden a flying saucer shoots out belief in the final victory brain wash rays at me and the crew......

BUG or FEATURE?

I assume you disciplined your watch crew for not giving the alarm.

Subs that stay surfaced in order to make positive ID of AC sightings typically don't return from the patrol.

Zie Chuckinator
08-19-05, 09:29 AM
man the AA guns!

Nopileo
08-19-05, 09:46 AM
Ready photon torpedoes! :88)

Hawkers
08-19-05, 09:59 AM
Chariots of the Gods - they practically OWN South America, man!

Hawkers :up: