PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Favorite base ?

Biskit
08-17-05, 10:26 AM
What do you think the best port is to operate from ?

August
08-17-05, 10:29 AM
What do you think the best port is to operate from ?

Early war Wilhelmshaven is teh schizzle.

stratege
08-17-05, 10:31 AM
Brest ..... then whilshaven .. and then ay xxi base ...

CCIP
08-17-05, 10:46 AM
St. Nazaire, cause it's quickest to get in and out of :)

I prefer Lorient's IX flotillas for the boats though.

Farside
08-17-05, 10:51 AM
Have to agree with CCIP, but i have to say I'm more of a Type VII guy myself

Carcassonne
08-17-05, 10:58 AM
St. Nazaire absolutely. First career was strictly VIIC and therefore it's a pain with my IXB since I want a IXC. :cry:

Farside
08-17-05, 11:02 AM
I love the camo on the IXc but they are 6500 renown, i still need another 1000

TDK1044
08-17-05, 11:10 AM
St. Nazaire. Very easy and fast to get in and out, and I much prefer the V11C to any other boat. It's dive speed and agility more than makes up for its limited range and number of torps in my view.

Zie Chuckinator
08-17-05, 11:50 AM
I love the camo on the IXc but they are 6500 renown, i still need another 1000

i have 13,500 stashed up :P :smug:

Brest is the best city not flotilla. its very quick to get in and out and its closer to the convoy routs unless u want to go to Africa.

ICBM
08-17-05, 12:48 PM
St. Nazaire, cause it's quickest to get in and out of :)

I prefer Lorient's IX flotillas for the boats though.

Yep. :up:

08-17-05, 12:48 PM
Brest although I'll give Danzig/Gdansk a shot.

Duli
08-17-05, 02:58 PM
How can you transfer to Danzig???

Btw, St. Nazaire is the best port, for me.

Wolfram
08-17-05, 03:20 PM
OK I will be the odd one here. ;)

Kiel

Why Kiel?

That easy answer for me.

I was there in May this year - I have been on the Kieler Fjord on a small vessel doing about 10 knots - from the dock near the Bahnhof to Laboe (at mouth near Baltic) and back nothing give me more pleasure then sailing from Kiel if only for sentimental reasons. :D

:arrgh!:

08-17-05, 08:02 PM

I haven't figured that one out yet, I don't have the option to transfer there but it says that Danzig is available (I read it somewhere) so I'll open up mission editor and try to start there. I'm Polish so that's a reason for my to try.

The_Pharoah
08-17-05, 08:04 PM
St Nazaire

Easy in, Easy out. :rock:

Nuff said!

gdogghenrikson
08-17-05, 08:05 PM
brest

Stymnus
08-17-05, 08:08 PM

I haven't figured that one out yet, I don't have the option to transfer there but it says that Danzig is available (I read it somewhere) so I'll open up mission editor and try to start there. I'm Polish so that's a reason for my to try.

I'm not aware that any flotilla puts you in Danzig. But it may be available as a port to dock at to end your patrol...never tried.

slow_n_ez
08-17-05, 10:43 PM
I was based in St Nazaire and agree with everyone on easy in and easy out ...

I was courious and did a transfer for the heck of it ... to 11th folitila ... :dead: :stare: :doh: Ended up in Bergan :huh: .. takes a whole day to manuver out to open water :lol:

SmokinTep
08-18-05, 05:26 AM
St. Nazaire and Brest for ease of transit.

kholemann
08-18-05, 11:55 AM
St. Nazaire and Brest. I recently switched to an IXC and my base is now Bordeaux, France. So I go on a patrol, and when done, go back to St. Nazaire (the one I always had been going to) and thought something was wrong with the game when I didn't get to do promotions and stuff. On the way to work this morning it hit me... I didn't go back to my new home base.... Bordeaux isn't bad as a base. When the mission starts, however (maybe its the time of the game) the sub is in a pen rather than where the band is playing.

08-18-05, 01:19 PM
I used to be based in Lorient, but now in St. Nazaire, so I returned to Lorient by accident once. To make a long story short, I was to ferry the boat to St. Nazaire, got a couple kills off the southern tip of England, but I made to in St. Nazaire in once piece a couple of days later.

Kaleun
08-18-05, 04:01 PM
La spezia - just because no-one's mentioned yet, good for the med!!

Sarge McSarge
08-18-05, 05:07 PM
Brest for a couple of reasons :smug: :smug:

Farside
08-18-05, 05:20 PM

hear hear, i love the med

Whats everyone's worst base to navigate from? i persoanlly dislike Bergen (because of the esturies)

urseus
08-18-05, 07:34 PM

The med is crap. I think i sunk 2 ships that were single merchannts when i was there for 2 patrols. And they were both aussie ships.

There is only 1 convoy route. I never even saw a convoy. I wish they told you what ships were available at which harbours. I hate shifting around trying to find what ships are where.