PDA

View Full Version : precise scope aiming

Joe S
08-12-05, 01:34 PM
Is there a way to move the scope or TDC left or right in precise 1 deg increments? A number of shortcut manual TDC methods are available that require you to aim the scope in precise increments, to lead a target at a known speed. I am not aware of any way of doing so in SHIII, and the graduations at the top of the scope are only in 5 deg increments. Can it be done? Thanks,Joe S

Halifax40
08-12-05, 02:50 PM
You bet. I found that 1 degree markings were crucial - especially with the new addition of the "make course to what degree the periscope is aiming", since the compass lacks a major sort of precise ability. You'll find the mod for the 1 degree markings for the periscopes here: http://www.charliex.com/sh3/. Also, remember that you can hold down the Ctrl key, and move your mouse left or right and it'll move the scope VERY slowly as opposed to hitting and holding Shift, as it will move the scope very quickly.

Good hunting! :up:

MonkeyHero
08-12-05, 02:58 PM
Wow, I knew about the control trick for the free cam inside and outside the boat, but never suspected that it might work for other things as well. That little tip will help me out a ton.