PDA

View Full Version : CTD with RUB

mystery meat
08-11-05, 06:57 PM
Mmmmm, acronyms. Anyway my game has been consistently crashing as I try to set out from Lorient on my first RUB patrol. It happens right as I get out into the Atlantic. I have the latest patch and RUB is my only mod(s) installed. I have only ever experienced a sinlge crash prior to RUB. Any ideas?

panthercules
08-11-05, 08:15 PM
Mmmmm, acronyms. Anyway my game has been consistently crashing as I try to set out from Lorient on my first RUB patrol. It happens right as I get out into the Atlantic. I have the latest patch and RUB is my only mod(s) installed. I have only ever experienced a sinlge crash prior to RUB. Any ideas?

Which RUB version are you using? I couldn't use either RUB 1.41 or 1.42 because I kept getting CTDs with them loaded, but fortunately so far at least I'm running just fine with RUB 1.43 with no CTDs

mystery meat
08-12-05, 12:13 PM
It is 1.43, the latest one.

Gizzmoe
08-12-05, 12:30 PM
:hmm:

Have you started a new career after installing RUb? I mean, it shouldn´t be a problem to continue an old one, but maybe that could be the problem. Or did you maybe use an old save game where you are already in the sub pen? Then load an in-port game.

Or simply uninstall SH3, then delete the remains of the main SH3 dir by hand (and also mydocuments\sh3 if you don´t need the save games) and reinstall it.