PDA

View Full Version : Promotion SCAM!!!

FritzHeinz
08-05-05, 03:43 PM
I am in my 2 Career (67 or so%) at the end of my ninth patrol in october 1940. Just transferred from the first to the second flotilla. BdU gave me command over the U-124, a brand new Type IXB boat. :lol:
Compared to the U-47 (Gunther Prien's Boat!) my earlier VIIB, I now have a lot more torpedo's, so I want to make this patrol count.

My orders were to patrol grid AM 19 to the west of Ireland and on my way towards it I already encountered two Convoys where I took out all T2,T3 tankers and the troop transports. In the zone above my patrol grid I strip another convoy of its tankers.

On my way back I cross the 'Passenger Liner Highway' running between Halifax and England and i take out two Passenger liners with torpedos and one with my deck gun.

With an enourmous 163k :rock: tonnage in the pocket and no torps left I decide it's time to get home. :smug:

You can imagine the welcome we got at home, promotions, medals for the crew and for me a promotion as well! I was promoted from Lieutenant Sr. to Lieutenant Commander.

After a hefty party :-j of which I don't remember many details I go to bed and next morning to my horror I discover that I am demoted again to Lieutenant Sr. I look at the patrol logs and there is no evidence of any promotion to Lieutenant Commander. :damn:

WHAT HAPPENED AT THAT PARTY???

After my rage and frustation I come to my senses and decide to scan the forums to see if this is a know bug. Some people suggested that rank has to do with 'current renown', but I found this to be untrue.
I had almost 25 k renown when I transferred from 1st to 2nd flotilla andthen 'bought' a IXB for 7500 renown and a few crewmates, altogether spending 9k renown. After I returned from the mission described above I have 22k renown again and get my promotion.

So my current renown is lower than before but I still get a promotion. Only thing is that the game does not remember my promotion.

After extensive testing I found out that the game does not remember your promotion if you leave the game (either by saving or by going out of the 'office screen') without finishing a patrol with your new rank.

The workaround for this bug is as follows: I reloaded the last savegame from the MEGApatrol described above. Played to the end of the patrol, got my promotion again, gave medals to the crew, bought an engine upgrade (1500 renown) and directly went on the 10th patrol. (2 january 1941) Then I immediately stop this patrol (even inside the harbour).

When I now stop the game and reload it again it does remember my rank as Lieutenant Commander. :stare:

I wonder if anybody else has seen this happen as well....

Akula_971
08-05-05, 03:51 PM
Whats the highest rank you can get?

Ula Jolly
08-05-05, 05:23 PM
Things got warm with Donitz' wife, that's what happened. :up:

RevRaz
08-05-05, 06:15 PM
Actually, that is completely true.

Some people suggested that rank has to do with 'current renown', but I found this to be untrue.

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 07:48 PM
I won't say it's true or untrue, but that has happened to me and I spent no renown yet still lost my extra rank by leaving without taking my next mission.

I got mad, and just edited my Patrols_0.cfg file to give the rank back to me. I then spent a considerable amount of renown, and did not lose my rank, so judge for yourselves. At present, I have less than 5k renown.