PDA

View Full Version : Time compression

The Mad Asshatter
08-05-05, 12:58 PM
Are there any mods that allow TC to go above 32 when a ship is in sight? I am shadowing a C2 cargo and it's about noon so it will take quite a while for night to come at 32X.

Ula Jolly
08-05-05, 01:08 PM
Sometimes this can annoy the green soul out of me too. :arrgh!:

Worst is that this makes for pleeeenty of changes of crew, in order for all to rest! I wish there were more officer quarters!!!!

The Mad Asshatter
08-05-05, 01:14 PM
I found a thread in the mods workshop saying to edit the TC values in the main.cfg file, but that doesn't seem to work.

Nopileo
08-05-05, 01:23 PM
Search for a tool called 'Wolfie's Tweek Pak' here at SubSim download section. It allows you to change TC at all modes in SH3. But mind you that one of them also affects the crew fatigue TC, but I'm not sure which one. So don't change all of them to 4096, as your crew will be dead in seconds... :o ;)

This also inlcudes a tool to preset the torpedo loadout of all subs. A must have if you feel like me, and think it's unfair to spend all your renown on the good torpedoes (I doubt the captains got less famous if they chose to put in a FAT or two...). If you select torpedoes that didn't exist for the current time period they won't appear though, so that's good.

Duli
08-05-05, 02:12 PM
Are there any mods that allow TC to go above 32 when a ship is in sight? I am shadowing a C2 cargo and it's about noon so it will take quite a while for night to come at 32X.

I think that you have to change "Hunter state" option in main.cfg, which is located in My Documents\SH3 folder. Change it to 64 or 128 and that should do the trick.

DerKaleun
08-05-05, 04:45 PM
.... So don't change all of them to 4096, as your crew will be dead in seconds... :o ;)

Crew can die of fatigue in SH ? :o Never had this... I am so nice to my crew :lol:

Maybe I should rework the duty schedule :hmm:

Nopileo
08-05-05, 06:35 PM
.... So don't change all of them to 4096, as your crew will be dead in seconds... :o ;)

Crew can die of fatigue in SH ? :o Never had this... I am so nice to my crew :lol:

Maybe I should rework the duty schedule :hmm:

No I don't think they can. It was just an attempt of a silly joke... :roll: Although I'm not 100% certain...? But I've never experienced this myself anyway.