PDA

View Full Version : Saves gone

zombiewolf
08-04-05, 11:18 PM
My saves have disapeared right in the middle of a convoy.
This is not the first time.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I booted game started to play,thought , hey, lets save and mess with the grapic settings.I saved the game.......
Came back save name was there ,clicked on the name but all the saves were gone.just an empty page.
:damn: Man I have installed and reinstalled this more than i did CFS3 by Microsoft.
That cd case is now a coffee coaster hope this don't go the same way,
I have yet to go 2 or 3 patrols in any Campaign.
:smug: thanks for letting me rant

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 12:19 AM
I booted game started to play,thought , hey, lets save and mess with the grapic settings.I saved the game.......
Came back save name was there ,clicked on the name but all the saves were gone.just an empty page.
:damn: Man I have installed and reinstalled this more than i did CFS3 by Microsoft.

I've never had that happen. However, if it did happen to me, I'd be a little better off than you, because I back up my careers folder after every patrol. Though I haven't run into your particular bug, I have seen a few minor save bugs that caused me to begin backing up the career folder as I do, just in case.

This could help you with your problem.

One last thing: I've read here, (though have never had a problem with it myself), that some people have problems if using the 'Save and Exit' feature. You might consider using the normal save feature, then after pick Save and Exit and use the same name as you used for the normal save, but when it asks if you want to overwrite the file, just say no, and will take you to the screen where you can exit to menu.

Perhaps doing that, as well as backing up your Careers folder will keep you from losing a career to this bug.

Good luck with it!

zombiewolf
08-05-05, 12:43 AM
:|\ Thanks
I have calmed down now ,and will certainly apply your suggestion in the future :up:

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 12:51 AM
Hehehe, bad enough that you gotta worry about the DD's taking you out. Shouldn't have to worry about the GAME taking you out. :know:

stratege
08-05-05, 03:44 AM

YES, happend to me yesterday ... and furthermore, when i restart the games later, my career was gone ... vanish from the ingame list, but the files and folder are still here ....

Bug .... ???

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 07:20 AM
YES, happend to me yesterday ... and furthermore, when i restart the games later, my career was gone ... vanish from the ingame list, but the files and folder are still here ....

Bug .... ???

I seem to recall reading in an older post that if this happened to you, you could MOVE the folder to another location, then put the folder back into the careers folder, and it would fix it. I can't vouch for it as a fix, but I know I read it here somewhere. Might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

stratege
08-05-05, 08:32 AM
Thanks, just try yot "fix"

Unfortunatly, this doesnt fix it ....

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 12:23 PM
Thanks, just try yot "fix"

Unfortunatly, this doesnt fix it ....

Sorry, I tried to find the original post, and failed. :(

Wish I had a clue how to help you solve this.

SteamWake
08-05-05, 12:39 PM
Got one question for you.

Did you use the "Save and Exit" option ?

zombiewolf
08-05-05, 07:22 PM
yes used the save and exit,tried moving th efolder back and fort ,but to no avail.
It did it again .
I am using sub commander I wondr if its saying my career is over.

So whats the deal ?
Use save, then resave on the same name. When it says overide say no,all then goes to main menu. :hmm:
well i shall try.

Rooooooollll another one just like the other one........

zombiewolf
08-05-05, 07:50 PM
:lol: okay this time I use save and exit,then did it again over same name. I got a promt about overwriting chose no. It then gives promt to main menu .

:up: It seems to have worked.
:yep: hic hic I know the Guiness is :rotfl:

Seminole
08-06-05, 07:37 AM
Before you use the save and exit function .....save the game(under a unique save name)....and continue....only then do you use the save and exit option.

When you reload do not reload from the save and exit saved game ...reload from the save before you saved and exited.

Takes only a few seconds to do this but will save you a lot of headaches/heartbreaks.

Anyway...The only time you really must use use the save and exit option is when you are actively engaged and must quit before the combat situation is resolved....otherwise...just save and then exit patrol.

Type941
08-06-05, 07:39 AM
:|\ Thanks
I have calmed down now ,and will certainly apply your suggestion in the future :up:

See my thread on AWFUL save games on Sh3. ... Let's just say you were not the only one. :stare:

SteamWake
08-08-05, 09:45 AM
You should edit the Subject line and add (solved) to help future searchers :yep: