PDA

View Full Version : Clouds and lights in SH

Ula Jolly
08-03-05, 06:52 PM
First off:
The weather in SH can sometimes be REMARKable. It's so beautiful to watch, it's nearly insane. However, I have noticed there are close to no clouds unless the layer is at 8/8!
So it's either the full monty or the ultimate piss.
Imagine how (much more) beautiful some sunsets would be if there were cirrus clouds up there reflecting nicely... and imagine the reflection. Oooh.... such fine weather to sink a battleship.

Second off:
Lights. It struck me partly when I dropped a fish at a coastal merchant off Norway a little while ago: While I had to park my sub 300m from the bastard to see it plainly, with the fire burning I could spot it from two kilometers away!!
Then it struck me again when I saw a fishing boat just outside my town. They've got lights, too.
Wouldn't it be relatively sane for neutral ships to carry certain lights aboard?

As a PS now... someone COULD have told me that magnetic detonators are easily triggered in heavy seas. :arrgh!:

Duncan Idaho
08-03-05, 07:00 PM
First off:
The weather in SH can sometimes be REMARKable. It's so beautiful to watch, it's nearly insane. However, I have noticed there are close to no clouds unless the layer is at 8/8!
So it's either the full monty or the ultimate pee.
Imagine how (much more) beautiful some sunsets would be if there were cirrus clouds up there reflecting nicely... and imagine the reflection. Oooh.... such fine weather to sink a battleship.

You might want to grab a copy of AIL's Sky Mod available here at Subsim.com's download area for SH3. I see cirrus clouds often, and have made some truly lovely sunrise/sunset pictures of my sub and crew sailing into them. :)

Here's a link to the Subsim SH3 file library:

http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches.html#sh3

gdogghenrikson
08-03-05, 08:22 PM
AIL mods are great

Der Schatten
08-03-05, 08:28 PM
AIL sky mods are truly amazing....just another thing to take my feeble mind off the life and death struggle going on around me! (Captain, er, captain....please stop looking at the sunset.....captain, um, they are SHOOTING at us!) :doh:

SmokinTep
08-04-05, 07:05 AM
I am liking the smoke mod.

Mouseketeer
08-04-05, 08:14 AM
Captain, er, captain....please stop looking at the sunset.....captain, um, they are SHOOTING at us!) :rotfl:

Maximus3070
08-04-05, 01:31 PM
I just love the storms with this mod and hearing that thunder and lightning :o freaks out my crew it does :( :arrgh!: