PDA

View Full Version : Aft of U-boat ascends first when surfacing?

satmax
07-31-05, 09:44 PM
Is this a game glitch? I've looked at the FAQ but can't find any mention of this...

I just ordered the sub to surface. The ship was at 50 meters. As the ship began to rise, I was facing the backs of the dive plane operators and the ship began to tilt, with the scopes being on the high side and the radio room on the low side.

The radio room is forward of the command room, correct? Oh, and yes, I was going forward during this.

Duncan Idaho
07-31-05, 10:38 PM
Someone else mentioned this once, and I think it's confirmed as a buglet. I've noticed it a few times, but guess my eye for detail is a bit glazed, cause usually I don't even notice it at all.

Stymnus
07-31-05, 10:45 PM
I think if it's the one I'm thinking of, someone has mentioned that the sausages/bananas/meat/etc hanging at the back of the VII and other subs hangs the wrong way sometimes, I'm not sure under what conditions as it's always hung right for me.

Er, so to speak. :)

satmax
07-31-05, 11:21 PM
Well, I noticed it right away because earlier, I was sneaking away from a destroyer dropping depth charges. I wanted to come up a few more meters and ordered it.

Then, I heard the sonarman call out splashes and the side of the boat that was rising was the side where the explosions were coming from. I thought I was going straight for this destroyer!

I try to brush it off, but sometimes it can be annoying and makes me think if I just screwed up something. lol

Catfish
08-01-05, 06:04 AM
Hello,
there are some smaller glitches in the sim, but correctly hung bacon and bananas make a new patch unevitable.
Greetings,
Catfish

Nopileo
08-01-05, 06:08 AM
There are no hams and bananas in the XXI, so I don't know if the boat goes up or down anymore. Help!

;)

The Avon Lady
08-01-05, 06:14 AM
There are no hams and bananas in the XXI
Obviously someone has not been making surprise inspections! :nope:

Duncan Idaho
08-01-05, 08:51 AM
There are no hams and bananas in the XXI, so I don't know if the boat goes up or down anymore. Help!

;)

I'm not sure about bananas, but there are hams on my XXI...both the Radio operator and the Fore Dive Planes guy will ham it up for any camera or microphone they see. ;)

BdU warned me last mission if 'Radar', (my radio operator), doesn't stop singing his reports to them, they're gonna shoot him. I don't blame them...he can't carry a tune in a bucket. :lol:

SteamWake
08-01-05, 09:41 AM
You wouldent have happen to be running in reverse by any chance ? :-j

satmax
08-01-05, 09:54 AM
You wouldent have happen to be running in reverse by any chance ? :-j

Oh, and yes, I was going forward during this.

Try it, you'll see. Course, after you see it, you'll probably notice it everytime. Beware.

SmokinTep
08-01-05, 09:55 AM
I've never noticed it. Mine seem to come up bow first.

satmax
08-01-05, 09:58 AM
I'll have to get a guncam set-up and post the video.

I think I was in a VIIB as well. I'll check this out later tonight.