PDA

View Full Version : Torpedomen won't reload the tubes

kholemann
07-30-05, 04:28 PM
Yup, auto reload is on and I have fully stocked spare fish... but they won't reload the tubes. I went back two saves to see if it was just the saved game but still they won't reload. I have invested a lot of time into this game and if this ain't fixed then I am gonna Ebay my game.

TreverSlyFox
07-30-05, 04:53 PM
Probably not the problem because of you reloading saved games but are you by chance Running Silent? I've goofed that way and ran 18 hours, stumbled into a convoy and No Torps loaded. I finally realized I still was running silent so my torps weren't being reloaded.

Dagger U-539
07-30-05, 05:04 PM
are you running silent?If you're in silent running mode it won't reload or make repairs.If not check your crew in the torp. room.make sure you've got lots of help.

JBClark
07-30-05, 05:29 PM
Dude,

If you are running silent you can't reload. If you don't have enough crew in the torpedo room you can't reload. If your crew is too tired you can't reload.

I've made all of these mistakes.

JBC

DerKaleun
07-30-05, 06:08 PM
And if you have the... the.... hell what´s the englisch word for "Mündungsklappe" ?? You now the doors of the torpedo tubes. If you have them open you can´t reaload either.

enigma-e
07-30-05, 06:17 PM
Some people seem even unable to read the already very thin SH3 manual. :roll:

satmax
07-30-05, 10:54 PM
And if you have the... the.... hell what´s the englisch word for "Mündungsklappe" ?? You now the doors of the torpedo tubes. If you have them open you can´t reaload either.

Muzzles?

When running silent, right above the "chat" box where crewman's chat is displayed, there is a small icon bar. When you run silent, those icons will have red X's on them including torpedoes, repairs, and a few others. You most likely are running silent if they won't load torpedoes. I fall for this all the time because I can't multi-task when Tommy is pooping barrels of death on me.

Stavinsky
07-30-05, 11:39 PM
If you play with your weapon officer, don't thrust him
about 'closing' the tubes after firing. I've had more than
once this prob. Not a great deal, just have to
ask the green guys in the torpedo room to
close the tube before you get them loaded in
another tube and use them as 'live' ordonance ;)

Damo1977
07-31-05, 12:04 AM
What annoys me most is when people have a problem with this game they always threaten to throw it away. I personally have not loved a game like this in a long long time. Sure its got its problems, but don't all games and programs, especially since the internet. Hell before the internet the software developers would not have made a buck with most of the buggy games they release now. Anyhow most of my problems stem from me messing around either with too many mods (its called experimenting), or my computer feeling under the weather.

HAPPY HUNTING ALL

HuntingBot
07-31-05, 12:25 AM
I have a funny feeling he won't respond to this thread once he realizes he's completely un-called for calling it the games fault that he doesn't read. The manual states specifically that you can NOT reload torpedoes while running on silent running. Go ahead throw away the game, I think SH3 would be better off in the garbage than in your hands.

kholemann
07-31-05, 12:32 AM
I have a funny feeling he won't respond to this thread once he realizes he's completely un-called for calling it the games fault that he doesn't read. The manual states specifically that you can NOT reload torpedoes while running on silent running. Go ahead throw away the game, I think SH3 would be better off in the garbage than in your hands.

Say, I have no problem with stupidity. Ask anyone who knows me and they will agree that I do some of the stupidist things. I am about to go back into the game (been away since this post) and gonna have a look. I really hope that is all it is and now that you mention it, I bet that might be the case. No, won't really throw the game away, just a passionate statment because I was upset....

I wanna thank y'all for that info so now time to find out if my mistake has made me so upset or if it is something else....

gws226
07-31-05, 12:47 AM
What annoys me most is when people have a problem with this game they always threaten to throw it away. I personally have not loved a game like this in a long long time. Sure its got its problems, but don't all games and programs, especially since the internet. Hell before the internet the software developers would not have made a buck with most of the buggy games they release now. Anyhow most of my problems stem from me messing around either with too many mods (its called experimenting), or my computer feeling under the weather.

HAPPY HUNTING ALL

I've actually found that "since" the internet became widely available that game fixes have followed suit.

One of my all time favorate games.... Ceaser 3.... only had one minor patch released and @ the time you had to mail order it in. Thank god for the internet download patch!!!

As for picking on a newbie..... hell we were al newbies once! Im on my second career and have tons of unanswered/afraid to post questions since I upgraded to RUB that alot of people here will laugh at.

kholemann
07-31-05, 05:43 AM
I got back in and one symptom was the watch crew being out while under water. Anyway... silent running was not on so I turned it on and off and that cleared the problem...

Dagger U-539
07-31-05, 08:30 AM
Thats way off base...sometimes people have real world things getting in the way of check a forum 3 or 4 times a day.I see you're new but remember alot of us have jobs and families.

HuntingBot
07-31-05, 09:46 AM
I got back in and one symptom was the watch crew being out while under water. Anyway... silent running was not on so I turned it on and off and that cleared the problem...

I actually have seen both of these problems before, a tip might be to surface real fast to get your watch crew off bridge, because they can be killed by DCs if you get attacked. I apologize for my overreaction I've just seen too many people getting upset a few small bugs in such a great game. The watch crew bug happens when you save when you're submerged it's a known bug that for some reason has not been fixed in a small patch, in which they could also fix all of XXI's bugs.

kholemann
07-31-05, 03:22 PM
HB... I just got upset at the game. It is a glitch and no one is perfect (except me [j/k]). I do have a family and gave up Everquest (after being in it full time [spare time] for a year and a half, even being a guild leader and bringing that guild from extinction back to life then watching it implode after I left due to the new family addition {and, I have to state, after all that, the folks that I thought were loyal were only backstabbers waiting for a chance}) because it was taking up too much time. This game is the first since then to do that for me and I may have to put it down for a while.