PDA

View Full Version : 2nd training mission

DjDanyo
07-29-05, 04:42 PM
Iam a SH n00b, but starting getting used to all those functions. But I got the problem that I can't finish the 2nd train mission perfectly. I never find all the ships. Maybe Iam missing an important function to spot them, or iam too slow, or whatever, but I won't start a career until I got all exzellent. Or isn't there even a difference, at least you got em all past to get a higher regard when starting a new career?
Thx for Help!

Pablo
07-29-05, 05:03 PM
Hi!

They are all within line of sight at the start of the game. Here are a couple of options:
- Look around after you have destroyed a ship, and keep track of where the remaining ships are.
- Look for smoke above the horizon - where there is smoke there is a ship
- If you can't see any ships or smoke at all, dive to periscope depth and listen through your hydrophones. Once you have the ship's bearing, surface and go at full speed on that bearing until you find a target.

Pablo

DjDanyo
07-29-05, 05:11 PM
Thx a lot!

gollum31548
07-30-05, 01:09 PM
Another thing, use marks on your chart to keep track of where they are. Its a little like herding cats once your torpedoes begin to explode and the ships begin to scatter.

It *is* possible to get excellent on all the training missions, I blew through the first four with no problem but got stuck on the final convoy attack for a while. Finally, after six tries I got them all :up:

Fair winds and following seas !