PDA

View Full Version : my friend dissing SH3.

Kaptain Lord Aaron
08-05-05, 10:23 AM
Gdogg- I aslo have a friend that does not not like sh3, but that does not mean I totaly disagree :roll: . We all have our reasons why
like games. :-j Hello, It' called being yourself and not a Sheep :yep: . People too much follow others. "Hell, lets make a bashing pool and bash all people who dont 100% like sh3."-gdogg :rock:

Kaptian Lord Aaron "Member of POLS" (PEOPLE ARE SHEEP)

Sardaukar
08-05-05, 11:15 AM
my friend (who is the one who got me into the series with SH2) is claiming this game doesnt live up to his expectaitions because "it has been like 5 years since sh 2 and the didnt do as much as they should", and "the rooms like map and periscope are just changed images from sh2", and "They didnt change the graphics engine" "the water is the same as SH2" "you cant "talk" to the people in the sub"

I think he was also dissing the map room also, but at that point I just stopped listening to his ignorance.

lets face it ladies and gents SH3 is the greatest subsim yet

btw he is too cheap to buy a legit copy

kill him...

Type941
08-05-05, 11:18 AM
my friend (who is the one who got me into the series with SH2) is claiming this game doesnt live up to his expectaitions because "it has been like 5 years since sh 2 and the didnt do as much as they should", and "the rooms like map and periscope are just changed images from sh2", and "They didnt change the graphics engine" "the water is the same as SH2" "you cant "talk" to the people in the sub"

I think he was also dissing the map room also, but at that point I just stopped listening to his ignorance.

btw he is too cheap to buy a legit copy

kill him...

wow. This thread has come far in just a few postes. :hulk:

SteamWake
08-05-05, 11:25 AM
"the water is the same as SH2"

:huh:

I think I would just end it right there enough said.

Ula Jolly
08-05-05, 11:29 AM
This is not a submarine simulator by my standards. Dangerous Waters is a submarine simulator. :up:
This... is... well, if we allow the "Subsim" definition to range wider, I can imagine DW on the centerline, with SHIII on the edge, leaning towards more of an arcade game. If DW is Microsoft FS, SHIII is Falcon.

BUT
Sheep are not as stupid as the stereotype, and they aren't as dependent on each other as people would like to think. I like sheep, too. :D

Duncan Idaho
08-05-05, 11:54 AM
I like sheep, too. :D

Me too. Nuthin' like a little mutton in mustard sauce, with a nice bottle o' port. :smug:

Egan
08-05-05, 12:23 PM
This is not a submarine simulator by my standards. Dangerous Waters is a submarine simulator. :up:

No. DW is a modern day submarine simulator. Of course it is more advanced than SH3. SH3 is about a WW2 U-boat....perhaps you would like the dev team to go back in time and install modern sonar suites on every German boat?

Of course there are things that it misses out but, quite frankly, if lacking the ability to check the salinity of ocean water makes the game more arcade then I am quite happy to be a quake bunny.

This... is... well, if we allow the "Subsim" definition to range wider, I can imagine DW on the centerline, with SHIII on the edge, leaning towards more of an arcade game. If DW is Microsoft FS, SHIII is Falcon.

In my mind a simulator must simulate more than mere equipment, There should be atmoshere as well and SH3 has this in spades. Why haven't I bought DW yet? Probably because I really can't be bothered staring at little dials and read-outs any more. SH3 is a very good sim. It has a hell of a lot of depth in it - far more than you seem to realise.

You are talking about a World War two U-boat not a modern day sub. The aproach is so different you might as well compare a carton of milk to an Iceberg.

Ula Jolly
08-05-05, 12:28 PM
Dude, I'm not even saying DW is better than SH! That's a bit too much passion you added in there. :up:

Egan
08-05-05, 12:34 PM
Dude, I'm not even saying DW is better than SH! That's a bit too much passion you added in there. :up:

Er, not really. I didn't say you did. You complained about it not being as much of a sim. I just pointed out the obvious.

Kaptain Lord Aaron
08-05-05, 05:21 PM
my friend (who is the one who got me into the series with SH2) is claiming this game doesnt live up to his expectaitions because

btw he is too cheap to buy a legit copy"Did you ask your friend If you could post this" -lets face it ladies and gents SH3 is the greatest subsim yet- Ummmm mabe but there are other people who would argue the point. What have you played for sub sims g-dogg?

Kaptain Lord Aaron
08-05-05, 05:26 PM

btw he is too cheap to buy a legit copySo your "Friend" has a opinion different then yours. Get a life and quit spouting your mouth about others and what they think and enjoy the game. Who cares what other think it's what you think that counts. "my friend (who is the one who got me into the series with SH2) is claiming......." who cares talk to him/her

don1reed
08-06-05, 10:56 AM
DW is a testament to fiction.
SH3 is a testament to U-Boat history. The oceans are scattered with their victims and their remains. imho.

kiwi_2005
08-07-05, 08:56 AM
Come on guys SH3 really only pleases us uboat people, anyone else and they would be bored with it in a wk or not even bother to play it. Everyone has there opinon, i mean my 14yr and 21 yr old sons both think SH3 TOTALLY SUCKS DOG POOH,
The more they say it sucks the more i play it, plus at times just to really get the bloody boiling i start singing That Tiperareiry song Its a long way too Tip.... Its a long way from home as my VIIB cruises out of Lorient. Im shouting while im singing im getting excited!!! Tthey're looking at Dad and slowly move back a few steps ;-) Yeah dads on a roll hes on patrol whatever you do dont disturb him ;-)
Now ive notice i hum alot that song you hear when returning to port.

Anyways dads built a 2nd system and now dads doing 1x patrols :)

Yet strangely they loved the DAS BOOT Movie. :rock:

Seminole
08-07-05, 09:19 AM
Your friend is simply expressing an opinion...and as we all know.... opinions are comprable to that part of the anatomy of which we all have one.

I couldn't possibly care less about your friend's opinion....concerning SHIII or anything else now that you described his general lack of character.

What surprizes me is that you seem to value his opinion enough to come here seeking reassurance from the community.

Stormflux
08-07-05, 03:10 PM
How dare he?!? Why, I'll show him what-for; lemme at him! AAHHHHHHHHHWUZZZA!

ShipperS7
08-07-05, 03:49 PM
I bet he once told you that you would NEVER use more than 32 megs of ram... :) I don't and I play SH3 with background AA and AF :rock: