PDA

View Full Version : Weird scope bug?

MarkShot
03-11-06, 09:09 AM
Well, I am struggling with this problem again.

I just tried rebuilding my PA installation without the Kollmorgan option to see if that makes a difference. That should also answer whether the problem only occurs with the PGUP and PGDN keystrokes or also with mouse activation.

The only other thing I can think of trying is to rebuild it and drop out PM 1.03. However, I like quite a few things that PM gives you. So, I am trying this first.

How have people been dealing with the stuck scope problem? Sometimes, I just cannot raise it when at PD!

Thanks.

Threadfin
03-11-06, 01:46 PM
I have the problem too. I just keep mashing the key until it goes up. It's rare, but it happens.

Hi Markshot (your neighbor DBond here)

MarkShot
03-11-06, 02:58 PM
Derek,

I didn't realize you played subs! The pace is certainly much slower than aircraft. (I gave up flying due to arthritis.)

One thing very cool about subsims is the high degree FOW (fog of war). You never really get a complete picture of what is going on.

My current sub sim collection includes: AOD [DOS], SH1, SH2/PA, SC, and SC/SCXIIC/SCU. I steered clear of SH3 due to Starforce.

---

Regarding mashing the key. Sometimes no amount of mashing will raise the scope. That is the real problem!

Threadfin
03-11-06, 03:24 PM
Oh, yeah, you should stop by Frug's sometime, we have a moderately active sub forum, but most guys play SH3 of course.

I have SH1, SH2, PA and SH3.

A good sim is a good sim whether it's in the air or under the sea :)

The Old Man
03-11-06, 07:15 PM
I steered clear of SH3 due to Starforce.

So Do I MarkShot

MarkShot
04-04-06, 09:39 AM
I now have a definitive way of clearing the stuck scope bug when it happens:

(1) Determine that you have a stuck scope by hitting the PGUP and PGDN keys and nothing happen except the some wave files being played.

(2) Pause the game (BACKSPACE).

(3) Hit PGUP or PGDN a single time (depending on what you want).

(4) Unpause. At this point, the scope may rise or descend clearing the problem.

(5) If not resolved, hit PGUP or PGDN a single time (depending on what you want).

This procedure has worked smoothly for me - if anyone is interested.