Do someone remember Windwalker ?

Man i lived this game. :)

Apocal
08-13-05, 10:28 PM
Great Naval Battles 2: Guadalcanal.
Command HQ.

Deamon
08-13-05, 10:39 PM
Do someone remember Air Commander ? That was i real time strategy game that simulates all kinde of air wars in the meadle east ?

Man i played it to death. Sutch a freaken interesting game.

Apocal
08-14-05, 12:51 AM
I think I remember that one, you had a limited number of aircraft, limited ordnance, and had certain objectives, if you hit too many sensitive targets public opinion would turn against you, the only bad thing about it was that aircraft were these sticks (literal sticks) that grew longer the higher up they were.

Man, I used to love playing the all out scenario and controlling USCENTCOM. So many aircraft...

Hellcat
08-18-05, 07:43 PM
-Privateer
-TIE Fighter
-SSI's Fighting Steel
-SSI's Steel Panthers (not World at War from Matrix, but a modern fix)
-Jane's Fleet Command
-X-COM: UFO Defense
-Red Baron
-Star Trek: Birth of the Federation
-Star Trek: Klingon Academy
-Hind
-1942: PAW
-Transport Tycoon
-RailRoad Tycoon (the old skool DOS verison)
-Rogue Spear
-Chuck Yeager's: Air Combat

DeerHunter UK
08-19-05, 08:20 AM
Elite should be revamped. It's been talked about for the past 5 years or so but nothing has come of it. :down:

porphy
08-19-05, 07:39 PM
I'll give one and just one.

--- Rouge Spear---

Just spice up graphics and some more eyecandy, then it will rock as never before. I don't even want to think how much mp playing time I have done with the original... hehe. That game made me a rs junkie. R.I.P. RS :rock:

Cheers Porphy

SUBMAN1
08-30-05, 03:00 PM
Here's some I can think of...

Strike Fleet (old C-64 game)
Ikari Warriors
Archon
Archon II

Strike Fleet was on PC actually too, if it is the same game I'm thinking of.

I so miss the Archon series. That was the best board game ever. I mean, a simple pawn could take down something much bigger if used correctly. I still have Archon for the PC somewhere. Not sure how it would play today though.

There were some Advanced D&D remakes of Archon, but nothing really compared to the original.

SUBMAN1
08-30-05, 03:59 PM
Independence War
Thief 1
System Shock 1 & 2
Red Baron 3D
Battlezone 1 & 2
UFO
Cammanche vs. Hokum
Starflight

-S

SUBMAN1
08-30-05, 04:01 PM
Daggerfall, but then again that doesn't really fall into the warfare genre. :damn:

I agree. Morrowind, while good, was not as large as Daggerfall.

-S

SUBMAN1
08-30-05, 04:04 PM
Well they did make Battlezone and Battlezone II but the action was too linear.

I'd like to see it remade with more dynamic options instead of just a progressing storyline.

Jumping between planets as needed.

You defeat the enemy on one planet but later you find that you need to get back there again.

I agree. Give me a dynamic Battlezone - maybe Master of Orion style - so in Space and on planet. Probably too big a chunk to bite off though for a normal development time frame.

-S

SUBMAN1
08-30-05, 04:05 PM
How about Pong, it is so basic that there is no way they can improve the conecpet :lol:

Sure they can - add vertical paddles too! :)

-S

DeerHunter UK
08-31-05, 10:38 AM
I'll give one and just one.

--- Rouge Spear---

Just spice up graphics and some more eyecandy, then it will rock as never before. I don't even want to think how much mp playing time I have done with the original... hehe. That game made me a rs junkie. R.I.P. RS :rock:

Cheers Porphy

I couldn't agree more. The thing I loved about Rogue Spear was the fact they developed a SDK which in turn produced a whole lot of brilliant mods (NATO 3.5 with the UO addon pack being my favourite) and a few not so good mods. It's just a shame the developers didn't listen to the public and release a SDK for Raven Shield. For that reason alone Rogue Spear occupies a space on my hard drive whilst Raven Shield has long since been deleted and is gathering dust on my shelf. Flashy graphics alone doesn't make a game in my books.

09-01-05, 08:43 AM
Flying Corps
"ww1 flight combat simulator, 1997 by Rowan, this was the most realistic flight sim at the time, and yet it's superb"

caspofungin
09-07-05, 04:06 PM
ufo: enemy unknown!

One of the best games ever.

Task Force 1942 -- an underrated classic.

What the hell happened to Microprose -- they put out a bunch of great games but still managed to go defunct.

John JerkyboyStroup
09-07-05, 08:53 PM
Star Wars Tie Fighter and X-Wing games.

Egan
09-08-05, 03:37 AM
Elite should be revamped. It's been talked about for the past 5 years or so but nothing has come of it. :down:

Well, I've heard all sorts of things. The big rumour is that Elite 4 is still being worked on - but I last heard anything nearly 18 months ago.

Kalach
10-09-05, 03:54 AM
Jagged Alliance (any of them)
Transport Tycoon
Red Baron

I'm sure there's lots more but thats my list for now ;)

boomer_killer
10-11-05, 04:09 PM
Red Storm Rising, Janes Fleet Command - F/A 18 Sim. And Fighting Steel from SSI.

sonar732
10-12-05, 10:06 AM
Red Storm Rising, Janes Fleet Command - F/A 18 Sim. And Fighting Steel from SSI.

I've got Fighting Steel with the NWS-FSP patch and it works great on XP!

turnerg
11-07-05, 04:59 PM
Star Wars Tie Fighter and X-Wing games.

Look for some of the Xwing Alliance mods. Theyre making a total conversion for it into Tie fighter, ships, campaigns, etc

Bort
11-17-05, 07:19 PM
Anyone ever play USS Ticonderoga? That could be a truly awesome game if it were remade. :rock:

Bellman
11-18-05, 10:54 AM
:) Yep I cut my teeth on Microprose too - gimme the original Gunship (2000 ?) Not the last c**p edition.

The hills may have come straight outa Egypt - perfect pyramids .But hey it had great playability.
The later EA Longbow graphics used to do my head in - great pukability !

The Hokum/Apache series made a good stab at Heli simming :up:

Etienne
11-30-05, 06:59 PM
Colonization. No other New World game have ever come close for me.

Polak
12-01-05, 10:18 AM
StarCraft :yep: