PDA

View Full Version : Help installing Fall of the Rising Sun

Chief Franco
10-09-23, 08:38 PM
Hi, im new to SH4 and im really enjoying the stock however I wand to try Fall of the Rising Sun. Is the sequence below correct?
1. Download FoRS the the SH4 directory.
2. Create a MODS directory under SH4.
3. Unzip FoRS into the SH4 directory.
4. Download and run JSMEG in the SH4 directory.
When I tried this JSMEG doesnt see FoRS so I must be doing something wrong.
Oh by the way im running SH4 through Ubi Connect.

KaleunMarco
10-09-23, 09:45 PM
Hi, im new to SH4 and im really enjoying the stock however I wand to try Fall of the Rising Sun. Is the sequence below correct?
1. Download FoRS the the SH4 directory.
2. Create a MODS directory under SH4.
3. Unzip FoRS into the SH4 directory.
4. Download and run JSMEG in the SH4 directory.
When I tried this JSMEG doesnt see FoRS so I must be doing something wrong.
Oh by the way im running SH4 through Ubi Connect.

welcome to FOTRSU.
Couple of items for you, Chief.
Firstly, in what folder did you install SH4? do not use the default Windows/Ubi folder. i suspect that this is getting in the way of JSGME.

Secondly, prior to firstly, there is a forum thread for all things FOTRSU.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064

Thirdly, delete the MODS folder that you created. when you copy JSGME into your SH4 folder and run it the first time, it will create the proper MODS folder where it wants it.

Fourthly, you will not need Ubi Connect to play SH4. just launch SH4.exe and you will be fine.

Fifthly (running out of fingers (lol)), in the downloaded zip file there are a passel (nautical term) of documentation files as well as utilities for you to enhance your playing experience. one of those is Large Address Array (LAA). you are going to want to read about that utility and then copy it into your SH4 folder, run it, and enable SH4 to use it while you are playing FOTRSU.

let's leave it here for the moment. you have a list and i am out of fingers to count on.

good luck!
:Kaleun_Salute:

1Patriotofmany
10-11-23, 08:31 PM
welcome to FOTRSU.
Couple of items for you, Chief.
Firstly, in what folder did you install SH4? do not use the default Windows/Ubi folder. i suspect that this is getting in the way of JSGME.

Secondly, prior to firstly, there is a forum thread for all things FOTRSU.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064

Thirdly, delete the MODS folder that you created. when you copy JSGME into your SH4 folder and run it the first time, it will create the proper MODS folder where it wants it.

Fourthly, you will not need Ubi Connect to play SH4. just launch SH4.exe and you will be fine.

Fifthly (running out of fingers (lol)), in the downloaded zip file there are a passel (nautical term) of documentation files as well as utilities for you to enhance your playing experience. one of those is Large Address Array (LAA). you are going to want to read about that utility and then copy it into your SH4 folder, run it, and enable SH4 to use it while you are playing FOTRSU.

let's leave it here for the moment. you have a list and i am out of fingers to count on.

good luck!
:Kaleun_Salute: Sixth install multish4v1.5 into your Sh4 folder and run it. Use 3 letters different from sh4 like FOR for fall of the rising sun mod so your saves are separate from vanilla or other mods you might install later.