PDA

View Full Version : SIGABA/ECM Mark II (USN's "ENIGMA" version)

Pilot_76
09-25-23, 02:09 PM
I was wondering if there are any mods that simulates that in SH4. I know that in SH5 the ENIGMA is well modded.

propbeanie
09-27-23, 03:54 PM
Kim Ronhof made one for SH1... it seems to me that Art Anker had figured-out what to do to get it to work with SH4, though it was a bit of a work-around (copying and pasting text)... I'll see if I can find the old mod and Art's 'documentation'... It ran separate from the SH4 game.

Pilot_76
09-28-23, 01:55 PM
thanks! I'd like to test it too...

propbeanie
09-30-23, 06:03 PM
Well, it ran straight-away without any trouble. I did do a right-click and "Run as administrator on it, and if you create a short-cut to start it, you could set the properties for it, and that would also work from there.

ECOPTC-OV-2_0_0_C.zip © 2001 Kim Ronhof (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=6372)

You will have to do all the ciphering yourself of the game files to get any messaging that would be in 5 character groupings though. Open Data \Campaigns \Campaign \messages.txt in a text editor, and make it wide. The file is tab delimited. You want to find the Priority column, and the messages set to "0" for high priority. Copy those messages and encipher them, then copy them back in. Next time you're out, you will receive encoded messages that you'll have to decipher...

fitzcarraldo
09-30-23, 09:25 PM
Many thanks for the upload...I have it somewhere in a floppy disk, only readable in my older IBM Aptiva where I have SH1: the good old times of PTC, XX century.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Pilot_76
10-04-23, 12:10 PM
very nice thanks! I will definitely encrypt all messages prior to playing now. The fun is to decode messages too.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

ElCid97
10-04-23, 06:08 PM
This is DEFINATELY going to make things more interesting for SH4! :Kaleun_Salivating: :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: