PDA

View Full Version : Mod recommendations for SH4

Wolfcat
04-15-23, 02:34 PM
Is there a good realistic mod for SH? I tried FOTRS, torpedoes never fail even though M14 was notorious for its reliability at the early stage of the war. Is there one that kinda more accurately portrait the real submarine war in Pacific?

propbeanie
04-15-23, 03:00 PM
Even the stock game represents the torpedo failures of the Mark 14. In FOTRS, AOTD_MadMax tweaked them quite a bit. FotRSU has that same choice, along with a TMO-style choice, as well as a very difficult choice, all in the Add-In Modz Pak, available as a separate download. One thing to remember about the SH4 game, is that there are two places to set your Gameplay Options. The easy one to see is on the Main Menu, Options, Gameplay Settings, but that only affects the Single Missions, Multi-Missions and War Patrols. When in the Career mode, once you have your boat assignment, and you're in the Captain's Office, you click on the Radio Console to the left. and choose the same Gameplay Settings. Or, if in a German career, on the Captain's Office, choose the file cabinet by the Exit doorway.

https://i.imgur.com/6a1pfS0.jpg

Wolfcat
04-16-23, 06:10 AM
I have everything set in-game. Also, in FOTRS your fuel never runs out. Not sure that's fixed by any of the additional mods. So, just grab the Add-in Modz Pak, then I should have these choices?

1Patriotofmany
04-16-23, 11:16 AM
You don't have your game play settings set properly. Those options are always available in any mod and vanilla as propbeanie pointed out. check your settings in port and post them.